Sign in to follow this  
Gunrunner

Belgium 42nd Squadron, RF-84F era, call for reference

rgr

I have one in the museum about 4 miles away

if info required, let me know...

post-41129-12740357006025.jpg

Edited by sony tuckson

Thanks a lot for the offer Sony, but I've got those covered, they are well documented, I was working on the earlier "NATO" camouflage scheme, the "Vietnam" theme being out of my current project's scope.

But now it's mostly font work left for those (the tail codes are way too bold).

gallery_4570_426_277675.jpg

It's a pity the late 50's/early 60's are so badly covered.

indeed

very nice job by the way

never saw a silver belgian RF-84...

Sony, thanks, but the hardest part was done by Soulfreak as I'm still using his template as a basis.

They served in silver for a very short time, between '55 and the second quarter of '56 after which they adopted the NATO camouflage, early on attrition rate was fairly high and some planes never even made it till then (FR-7).

Derk, thanks, I used those for the latest version (I had "finished" with it before I found those, then completely redid the wings and part of the fuselage because they showed parts I "badly" extrapolated from B&W offline sources, that's the trouble with stashes of 60's aeronautics magazine, it's mostly B&W).

In the end my colors seem way off compared to some of these photographs, blame it on laziness and a crappy uncalibrated laptop screen.

Still not satisfied but I still have a lot on my plate and some things can't be fixed with the current mapping; next up, KLu's 306 Squadron, then complete panel and markings revisions, and release, in "two weeks".

If you need anything on 306 Sq, let me know,

Hou doe,

Derk good.gif

never saw a silver belgian RF-84...

vp-rf-84f_fr-17.jpg

Now you have ;)

They were delivered unpainted but this was soon changed and by the third quarter of 1956, they were painted to the Nato standard and had their cod painted in white.

Source:

http://www.ailes-militaires-belges.be/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=336&Itemid=468

Cheers