Sign in to follow this  
Dave

Missing .50 Cal Sounds

Thanks to James Fox discovering this but if you have SF1 installed, grab the .50 Cal sound out of there and put into your sounds folders and that will cure your problem.

Also in tjhe SFP1 sounds download areas, ther emight be some .50 cal sounds in there.

Check out some of the ones by Signum.

http://forum.combatace.com/files/file/6541-sound-pack/

Yeah I noticed that this morning when I downloaded the Addon-Pack and the 'stang doesn't make any shooty noises when firing the 6 .50's...

It isn't the Israeli developed .50 cal silencers????????????????

It isn't the Israeli developed .50 cal silencers????????????????

Could be, I mean they are a polite people so maybe the noise reduction was all part of that. lol.gif

oh the art of silent death... I can dig that... though that Packard Merlin on the front end sort of defeats the object of it all...

In case its not obvious the file needed is 50CAL.WAV - can be extracted from another game also (flightdata.cat)

Edited by MigBuster

I've done same thing by adding flaps.wav and airbrakes.wav into sounds folder, but without results.

Still, no flaps or airbrakes noise.

You might want to take a peak at the SOUNDLIST.ini and make sure they are still there. Is it just one aircraft? Or all of them. If it's just specific aircraft, you might want to take a look at the aircraft's DATA.ini's (ex. P-51D_DATA.ini) should be under sounds in the text, not too far down from the top.

You might want to take a peak at the SOUNDLIST.ini and make sure they are still there. Is it just one aircraft? Or all of them. If it's just specific aircraft, you might want to take a look at the aircraft's DATA.ini's (ex. P-51D_DATA.ini) should be under sounds in the text, not too far down from the top.

The sounds are within SOUNDLIST.ini and in each _DATA.ini

Same problem for all aircraft.