Sign in to follow this  

Two questions actually.....

1st - I have sounds for the Skyraider that are seperate at different RPMs so i could get and accurate sound in game but it seems i can only use one sound thats is dependant on throttle position? maybe two if i added an afterburner sound but thats not nearly enough to get full realistic sound.....is this all the engine can handle or am i missing something??

2nd - I have just got a copy of 3ds Max like a month ago and have been playing with it and making models (nothing special just trying to learn) and im wondering is it possible to take a Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam model plane file and convert it back into a model so i can play with it to learn a bit more about what the end result should look like and so on....certainly only for my learning experiences and personal use i wouldnt be taking someone elses work and re-releasing it as my own.

I would greatly appreciate any help i can get to steer me in the right direction and ill talk to you soon

Thanks

Mayday

1st - I have sounds for the Skyraider that are seperate at different RPMs so i could get and accurate sound in game but it seems i can only use one sound thats is dependant on throttle position? maybe two if i added an afterburner sound but thats not nearly enough to get full realistic sound.....is this all the engine can handle or am i missing something??

Talk to Fubar512 and or Spillone104 They are sounds guru's

2nd - I have just got a copy of 3ds Max like a month ago and have been playing with it and making models (nothing special just trying to learn) and im wondering is it possible to take a Strike Fighters 2: Vietnam model plane file and convert it back into a model so i can play with it to learn a bit more about what the end result should look like and so on....certainly only for my learning experiences and personal use i wouldnt be taking someone elses work and re-releasing it as my own.

No you can not do that. Once its in its LOD format that is it.

Thanks for the fast reply.....im looking to learn more on 3d modelling if anyone can maybe steer me in the right direction or give me some pointers!boredom.gif

There are freely available 3D planes in max scene or 3ds format on the net, try Turbosquid-dot-com or 3Dcafe-dot-com for starters

1 sound per aircraft engine(single engine). 2 sounds if you use the afterburner sound.

I don't think that you can use afterburner on a piston engine.

The game engine changes the speed of the sound(kbps) as you change the throttle setting.

I find a sound that's OK at idle and see what it sounds like at full throttle.

I use a sound editor (CoolEdit)to adjust the speed of the sound(kbps) so that it is OK for idle and full throttle.

It won't be exact for all settings,but it will be close.

I don't think that you can use afterburner on a piston engine

yes, you can. However, it requres adding the 'new' engine with a 0 fuel consumption. Safe to say, I have such a data ini, from fubar for expertimental purposes only, that you can 'hear' it switch to high blower at full throttle

wrench

kevin stein