Hi, anyone planning to do Mustang skins? either USAAF or RAF? Thx.

Until we get templates, either from TK or home-grown, we're stuck with NM finishes, at least as far as WW2 RAF Mustang IVs are concerned (would LOVE to see my 112 Squadron decals on the new model -but we need to figure out the mapping for the Sharkmouth EDIT: 112's Mustang III -B/C- were camoed; their Mustang IV was in NM)

Otherwise, for those countries that only used NM, it's just a simple matter of decals, eh? Meaning, adjusting the user's list and creating skin pointers (extracting the skins in a no brainer .. in SF2/SF2I they're in the ObjectData014.cat, along with the Spitfires, Vampires, Dakota and Meteor)

wrench

kevin stein

The Mustang IVs were also camoed. There are several profiles of them in the recently published AotA #93. :wink:

But as much as I would like to see those in game, I wouldn't dare to say that I'm going to make them, given my current progress making a template for the TW Spitfires....

making templates is a frakking nightmare, ain't it?? Done it more times than I care to think about, and something always turns up missing.

wrench

kevin stein

tk also forgot 2 important decals on post-war USAF 'stangs....expecially for those post-Oct, 1947

this fix, which includes the additon of the lower formation lights, will be up today; shortly!

wrench

kevin stein

It's rather the way how TK arranges the templates that makes it so time consuming. Drawing lines and riveting the whole thing isn't that much of an issue, but trying to figure out where's what...oh my. :tongue:

It's rather the way how TK arranges the templates that makes it so time consuming. Drawing lines and riveting the whole thing isn't that much of an issue, but trying to figure out where's what...oh my. :tongue:

Grief, don't! That's the main reason why I do very little work for SF compared to CFS3, where everything is on one easy-to-understand sheet... In theory! Meanwhile, Kevin's right about most Mustang IVs being painted, but a few weren't. Anyway, call it artistic licence, or something. I expect somebody will want them!

Grief, don't! That's the main reason why I do very little work for SF compared to CFS3, where everything is on one easy-to-understand sheet... In theory! Meanwhile, Kevin's right about most Mustang IVs being painted, but a few weren't. Anyway, call it artistic licence, or something. I expect somebody will want them!

Well, I'm still stuck at about 10% completion of my Spitfire template...and I guess at that rate I might get it finished next year or so. I blame the rivets!

Wrench will probably laugh at this...:tongue:

Edited by Gocad

Well, I'm still stuck at about 10% completion of my Spitfire template...and I guess at that rate I might get it finished next year or so. I blame the rivets!

Wrench will probably laugh at this...:tongue:

I shouldn't worry - most of my CFS3 skins run to 75-80,000KB for a single 2048x2048 sheet... That's about 60+ layers. Now if you bear in mind that TK's models have four or five sheets... Rivets are easy - set your brush to single pixel and then the spacing ("pas" in French - my Photoshop is unfortunately linguistically challenged!) to say 500 or 600, and you just brush them in. I usually do them white with a bit of added shadow, and then tune them down to fit.