Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

Looking for the Heaviest Campaign Action

Hey Guys,

I'd like to get some video of the heaviest possible air campaign action. Obviously late 1918, but does anyone have a particular squadron (on either side) and date that they have been in where you've gotten into huge furballs? The more planes the better. Shredward pointed me towards August 8th, 1918 and gave me a bunch of squadrons on both sides to try (and I am starting to now with Jasta 4)) but he also said someone on the forum might have a better idea. I've been shooting QC videos but I'd really like to be able to share what the campaigns themselves have to offer. Any assistance is appreciated.

Hellshade

HS, I should think flying with one of the US Pursuit groups starting on September 12, 1918 should do it. The St. Mihiel Offensive saw the largest aerial battle of the entire War. And just as a point of note for those who don't quite savvy the French lingo, it's pronounce "San Mee-yel".

Cheers!

Lou

Hey Guys,

I'd like to get some video of the heaviest possible air campaign action. Obviously late 1918, but does anyone have a particular squadron (on either side) and date that they have been in where you've gotten into huge furballs? The more planes the better. Shredward pointed me towards August 8th, 1918 and gave me a bunch of squadrons on both sides to try (and I am starting to now with Jasta 4)) but he also said someone on the forum might have a better idea. I've been shooting QC videos but I'd really like to be able to share what the campaigns themselves have to offer. Any assistance is appreciated.

Hellshade

Oh Boy.. Can't wait to see this! popcorn.gif

Hellshade, sounds like it's time for me to make a beer run. Rabu's got the popcorn lined-up.

Hellshade, Jasta 7 is right on the Flanders frontline, August 1918

Bogies usually pop up before you can finish the circling and climb out

Brits seem to outnumber the Huns 2:1 so you'll be in the thick of it

Suggest you enlist July 24th or later

Good luck, I'm looking forward to it!

Hellshade, Jasta 7 is right on the Flanders frontline, August 1918

Bogies usually pop up before you can finish the circling and climb out

Brits seem to outnumber the Huns 2:1 so you'll be in the thick of it

Suggest you enlist July 24th or later

Good luck, I'm looking forward to it!

I'll do my best to make the Kaiser proud. Thanks for the tips guys. I'm signed up with Jasta 7 on July 24th (as Druce suggested)...and I'll be using Windowmakers Red & Black with a skull custom Fokker DVII paint job. Now I just have to hope I can fly her with the same skill and artistry that he painted her with. I'm going to need to with 2:1 odds. Campaign starts tomorrow after work, assuming all goes well.

Hellshade

I'd like to get some video of the heaviest possible air campaign action. Obviously late 1918, but does anyone have a particular squadron (on either side) and date that they have been in where you've gotten into huge furballs?

1918 for sure, but no necessarily late. In general, Flanders is the place to be on either side. Avoid the French- and US-only parts of the line because of the lack of late-war French 2-seaters--all you see are acres and acres of SPAD XIIIs.

Read up on when and where the German "Kaiserschlacht" offensives happened, and fly in those areas on either side. That covers the spring and early summer. Then read up on where the major Entente attacks were in the latter 1/2 of the year and fly there. In these places at these times, it really doesn't matter which side you're on or which squadron you're in. Things are quite hectic either way. However, things are a bit more hectic for the Germans because even when they're on the offensive on the ground, they're at best equal in numbers. In the 2nd 1/2 of the year, they're way outnumbered and even the D.VII doesn't seem good enough grin.gif.

1918 for sure, but no necessarily late. In general, Flanders is the place to be on either side. Avoid the French- and US-only parts of the line because of the lack of late-war French 2-seaters--all you see are acres and acres of SPAD XIIIs.

Read up on when and where the German "Kaiserschlacht" offensives happened, and fly in those areas on either side. That covers the spring and early summer. Then read up on where the major Entente attacks were in the latter 1/2 of the year and fly there. In these places at these times, it really doesn't matter which side you're on or which squadron you're in. Things are quite hectic either way. However, things are a bit more hectic for the Germans because even when they're on the offensive on the ground, they're at best equal in numbers. In the 2nd 1/2 of the year, they're way outnumbered and even the D.VII doesn't seem good enough grin.gif.

Souns advice Bullet

Also you can set Campaign Activity to High in Workshop

No need to set it on high, Duce - in 1918 the Huns got flooded by the Entente aircraft.

I would rather say, outnumbered by 3:1; so I wish you good luck, Hellshade -

great piloting and fighting skills alone will still not be enough...

Jasta 7 is a good choice.