Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

CFS3 Not Responding when starting FRAPS video

Strangest thing. Out of nowhere, I can be running fine in OFF and the moment I press the button to record a video or a screenshot in FRAPS, CFS3 immediately feezes completely and I have to Ctrl Alt Del out and End the CFS3.exe Task which is in a Not Responding state. I try FRAPS videos with Wings of Prey and it works perfectly. I tried mapping the screenshot and video record buttons to different keys, no joy. Uninstalled and re-installed FRAPS after a reboot. No joy. Reset all OFF Workshop settings to default. No Joy. Tried recording to a different directory. No joy. Again, works perfect in Wings of Prey but the moment I hit the record button in Over Flanders Fields, the screen completely freezes and I have to End the Task.

If I don't try to record anything with FRAPS - just let it sit there and put an FPS overlay on my screen, OFF works flawlessly. Has anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this?

Hellshade

Now I'm really stymied. I did a fresh installation of OFF and it STILL kills it the moment I start to record.

Hellshade

No idea on that one sorry. Maybe reinstall Fraps too? You have made many great movies all fine before, so what's different?

Think very carefully what driver or new program or setting you changed just before that. It's happened to me before where I believe I have done nothing at all to my PC but a program stopped working, only for something to dawn on me later that I did change something. Also check for other issues on the PC, hard drive corrupted, run chkdsk/scandisk ? Maybe the recording disk drive is full ?

Hellshade. Also check to see if Windows updated and what those updates where and if you can back them out. I just had an issue w/ a corrupted install of .NET 4.0 (auto W7 update) that would not allow me to fly as the CFS disc would not initialize. I deleted and re-installed from a d/l'd version that I found on M$ site. Problem solved but it took me awhile to figure that all out.

Good luck.