Sign in to follow this  
Olham

A Snipe for Widowmaker

Mmuahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!

Shoot that Snipe down.

Jasta 6

The poor snipe gets no love! Here's a proper Snipe, with a certain Captain Widowmaker posing proudly in front. drinks.gif

c0005713_49c20765423fd.jpg

Capt Sopwith, I thank you...great picture.

I shall take a leaf from Manfred's book, and your signature!

"Success flourishes only in perseverance...ceaseless, restless perseverance"

I WILL have my Snipe....and will use it to Snipe those that mock! :grin:

That is the best and most detailed pic I have seen of the craft so far - thanks, CaptSopwith! good.gif

Widow, don't give up - one day, you'll get your Snipe! I'd vote for it. drinks.gif

Yes, great image, Captain.

I'm beginning to like that... Snipe.

Now I want one also. cool.gif

From a flight sim experience, at least, the Snipe was a beast! My last encounter with it was in Red Baron II and woe be to any German flight to happened across a gaggle of these late war Sopwith's. The Snipe could easily hold its own, even against the Fokker D7! It could out turn, it could climb, and it could dive on you, frequently before you had a chance to react.

Of course, that's just a game, and only one game at that. But my memories of the Snipe was one of dread when my long-flying late-war German pilot met his doom after a year and a half of flight time on the Western Front at the hands of three Snipes who latched on to me and shot me out of the sky without mercy. And that simulated pilot probably flew some ten years ago! (I even think it was in Wingstrut's Air War 1918 patch for Red Baron!).

windowmaker

with love from Jasta 6

post-55568-098729100 1276070069.jpg

post-55568-082552900 1276070079.jpg

Right back at yer Morris...I love to see Crashed Alb's...they're the best kind...but DR1's will do as well

Uuuuhhhh - the lower right pic looks nasty; wonder if he survived it.

(I knew my Snipe would upset our friend from the norther English marshlands - hihih!)

But those Albs are only flying accidents of rookie pilots surely - who should have shot them down?

Same with the Snipe though Olham

(the Triplane is Lothar's)

Widowmaker,

This topic is about the Snipe plane. Now you change it to show propaganda pictures about some hero Brit pilot that shot at an Alb or DR1.

That's just wrong Sir. Wrong.

M

Those photos remind me of a few nasty car crashes I had the good fortune of walking away from.

What's the old saying? Any landing you walk away from is a good landing?

My Dear Morris..... I would never stoop to Common or Garden Propoganda

Good one, Widow! good.gif

Dear Widowmaker,

This is what I use as my Desktop Wallpaper.

I hope you like it.

It also makes me think that the Jerries really didn't have much of a chance towards the end really.

Regards,

George.

post-50123-096884600 1277557507.jpg

Mmuahahahahahahaaaa!!!!!

Olham..... stumbled through some of the OFF Historical files and found another of your early skin attempts......

albjokecopy.png

That wasn't me - it must be a fake produced by Widowmaker, as a revenge!

I think George is correct...had the Land War not finished in 1918...The Air War would have finished soon afterwards, thanks to the Snipe

Not particularly the Snipe or any other plane - the German aircraft were equal enough.

No, it was just that sheer amount of resources and so much larger number of men,

that stood against Germany.

My map only shows the nations opposing at the Western front alone. It couldn't be won.

The Snipe was great, but the plane that almost saw service in WW1 and would have caused some serious headache for the German air force was the Nieuport-Delage NiD 29.

It was one of the best fighters of the 1920s, and would have completely outclassed the Fokker D.VII with its 300 hp engine. NiD 29 was the first plane to fly 320 km/h in level flight, but this happened only after the war was over.

But it is like Olham said - great wars are decided by men and material, and Germany didn't have enough of them. The same thing happened in WW2. No matter how much the Nazis tried to increase their production through slave labour and everything, it still was nowhere near enough to outproduce the Allies, or even come close to them. And Germany of WW1 was in a less advantageous situation than Hitler was after he conquered much of Europe with all its resources.

NiD29.jpg

Hmmm. Think I prefer the new de Havilland myself...cough! cough!:grin:

post-45899-023979100 1277751462.jpg

The Snipe was great, but the plane that almost saw service in WW1 and would have caused some serious headache for the German air force was the Nieuport-Delage NiD 29

It was one of the ugliest planes ever to fly. It was a blasphemy to all things Nieuport. It had no right to fly as well as it did :grin:

I think I'd have rather had the Martinside Buzzard. It had the rugged good looks of a P47 :cool:

Hmmm. Think I prefer the new de Havilland myself...cough! cough!:grin:

What is with the snipe's differing tail sections

You noticed the tail sections - very good.

But what I was wondering about, is that there is a Mosquito in the picture. :blink::grin: