Sign in to follow this  
dsawan

can't get service years to work correctly in sf2I merged

PLEASE ALWAYS try to state WHICH version of the game(s) your talking about, in the first sentence if possible. It'll help narrow down the answer. Instead of having it at the end of the post, making it a bit more confusing.

Have you checked the SF2 Knowledge Base? Some kind person addressed this very same problem just over a week ago (as there were like 2 or 3 threads on the subject in 3 day period..), and thoughtfully posted a tutorial on HOW to adjust start/end years for SF2 series games.....

http://forum.combata...eries-terrains/

and it's not the 3/10 patch that's causing it (although it's screwed up s**tloads of other things..) ... it's how NextGens work now.

wrench

kevin stein

Hi, kevin. i tried the above thread and I cant get the years to asjust say from 1940-2050. I followed instructions but either it gives single years or up to 83. Any other advice? thx. I only tried with IsraelMe not Vietnam. Do you have to do all of them simulataneously once extracted?

The "AllowedDates" are the lines you want to edit. I usuall use a 100 year spread, so you can change them to something like this:

[AllowedDates]

StartDate=1/1/1950

EndDate=12/31/2050

This post has been edited by dsawan: A minute ago

Did you put the modified ini (IsrealME.ini) into the mods folder ... Terrains/IsrealME. You'll have to create the IsrealME terrain folder just for that ini

Desert dosen't use it, neither does GermanyCE

VietnamSEA does, so you'll need to do the same thing with it

wrench

kevin stein

Hi, I have it in the mods/terrain folder. is the terrain folder supposed to be in objects folder or just in the main folder. I had an issue with sounds. i had sounds under objects folder. When I moved it to the main one, I got my sounds working for the IDF meteor.

The mods folder should look just like it did from the old series. Make sure you folder with the terrain is spelled "terrains" with an "s". Then inside that folder should be the specific folder with the file in that you modified the dates on.