Sign in to follow this  
Piecemeal

Large Parked Aircraft

the van is now up, and ready for downloading. It's in the SF/Wo* Ground Objects section. Fully usalbe in ALL versions of the game (excepting maybe FE)

wrench

kevin stein

Well I've had some luck with the RAF Hercs. :heat:

They're now appearing most of the time after I made these changes:

[MissionData]

NationName=RAF

ServiceStartYear=1970

ServiceEndYear=2010

AircraftRole=TRANSPORT

AircraftCapability=DAY_AND_NIGHT

Availability=VERY_COMMON

Exported=TRUE <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - changed this to 'TRUE'

ExportStartYear=1970 <- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - added these two lines

ExportAvailability=COMMON

PrimaryRoles=TRANSPORT,AIR_ASSAULT

SecondaryRoles=

NormalMissionRadius=1121

MaxMissionRadius=1824

Ceiling=12588.2

MinBaseSize=SMALL

Still no luck with the C-5 or C-141 but that's probably because they've not been edited for use in SF2.

Still no luck with the C-5 or C-141 but that's probably because they've not been edited for use in SF2.

You've forgotten something: ChanceTowedIfIllegallyParked= :lol:

Just applied the same changes to the C-5 / C-141 DATA.ini files. Whether it was needed or not I don't know, but I also created USERLIST.ini files for them as well.

Everything's finally looking busy again at the Updated Desert Terrain airfields :yes:

post-29988-063228500 1279554200.jpg

And so, Piecemeal left his C-5 illegally parked, under the false assumption that it was safe. But...he failed to notice the ThirdWire Parking Enforcement Bureau's "Enforcer" lurking in the shadows, ready to pounce and generate revenue :rofl:

Towed.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol:

What?!! ANOTHER enforcement vehicle?!! You slip one and there's another one lying in wait just around the corner.

The enforcer, eh?

My understanding is that the aircrafts reference span is compared with the LargeParkingMaxSpan entry in the airfield ini (I note your example quotes a value of 60 which would prevent the C-5 from appearing as its span is 67.89). I have found some ac to lack this value in their data ini's - this may also have an effect.

Tk has previously mentioned in another post about limiting high poly a/c appearing in parked positions due to framerate hits, whether this has yet been implemented I don't know.

Other possible factors I can think of include service start/end dates and limited nations statements (or lack thereof).

Finally to help Wrench, the overlap problems are generally due to incorrect reference wing span in the aircraft data ini (and usually complete lack of a ReferenceLength entry). I've found entering/correcting these to solve any overlap problems I've encountered....haven't needed the TWPEB yet!

Alan