Sign in to follow this  
nbryant

In Game Claim Count

Have three flights in on a new pilot and have completed three claims yet the pilot log reflects seven. I did not complete claims for EA's that crashed after I and others made a number of passes or I left them trailing smoke or fuel. Does the game track those even though I did not complete and actual claim?

In my experience, if you don't claim it : you don't get it. In real life, when enemy aircraft 'crashed' as a result of combat damage it was often claimed as an "out of control" kill, but still counted towards the pilot's overall total. In the game, there's no difference. if you damaged him, and he crashes then you're allowed to try to claim it. I usually try to claim ever kill I feel i've earned: the game will tell me if I've made an error when trying to submit a faulty claim sheet.

No way, nbryant - what you didn't claim, should not show in the claims file.

Did you perhaps write the wrong, higher numbers into the first field? Or did you have multiple claims?

No Olham, no multiples and honestly no ground kills. Three flights, two observation, one deep recon. So I am confused but will watch and see what it does.

Have three flights in on a new pilot and have completed three claims yet the pilot log reflects seven. I did not complete claims for EA's that crashed after I and others made a number of passes or I left them trailing smoke or fuel. Does the game track those even though I did not complete and actual claim?

Something is amiss there - the sim has been out a long time and this is the first I read about claims not tallying.

Whilst there can sometimes be a flight time log discrepancy under certain circumstances (known issue when warp or time accel is used) to date I have not heard any mention of claims tally issues.

Assuming there might be an issue in your install of OFF (I have not seen your pilot data files) I would suggest:

1) Enlist another pilot and try to see if the problem persists with a new pilot.

2) Reset CFS3 Pilots in workshops and try and see if that solves the issue (you will have to start a new pilot under this circumstance)

3) If the problem still remains please contact support - we will ask for some files.

HTH

WM

If I understand you right, you have got MORE claims listed, than you really made, nbryant?

Could also happen if you have been manually editing pilot files or copying back and forth - not recommended

Ok, figured out what was wrong. Operator error! I was test flying a skin and didn't make my "test pilot" active............. during that flight some ballons were taken out and I received credit. So the game is fine, the pilot needs to get more rest.

Yes, it can be straining! :grin:

Edited by Olham