Sign in to follow this  
navychief

FS9 needs some older aircraft carriers

I do not have the knowhow to create them, but I wish someone would create some of the older carriers for FS9, such as the Independence, Saratoga, Coral Sea, Constellation, etc.....

Just a thought for us old salts.

Navy Chief

I do not have the knowhow to create them, but I wish someone would create some of the older carriers for FS9, such as the Independence, Saratoga, Coral Sea, Constellation, etc.....

Just a thought for us old salts.

Navy Chief

Chief,try flightsim.com I recall seing some older type cv's there...

Hey Scout,

I recall downloading a file with older carriers, but they were WW2 types, and if I remember correctly, they did not support ARRCAB.

Surely someone will create them. Hopefully.

Navy Chief

Hey Scout,

I recall downloading a file with older carriers, but they were WW2 types, and if I remember correctly, they did not support ARRCAB.

Surely someone will create them.  Hopefully.

Navy Chief

do a search in files,type uss midway and the mudway comes up as a cfs2 s**t...If I recall the mud and coral maru were sister ships?

Not sure if Midway and Coral Sea were sister ships. Easy enough to find out through a search, but no matter.

I don't know if CFS2 scenery will work correctly. Am not too keen on attempting it.

If I knew anything about changing codes, maybe it would be possible to make the changes to existing carriers in my installed scenery, but not sure I want to try that either.

Navy Chief

If I knew anything about changing codes, maybe it would be possible to make the changes to existing carriers in my installed scenery, but not sure I want to try that either.

LOL LOL.I understand what you say.thought id try helping....might be time get a 'slow' celery or duron machine and load up software and experiment...thats how I learned,got mesself a old(even then it was dinosaur) xt-86 and worked on it,tried this and that..

Not sure if Midway and Coral Sea were sister ships. Easy enough to find out through a search, but no matter.

I don't know if CFS2 scenery will work correctly.  Am not too keen on attempting it.

Navy Chief

ok,found the info Chief....

The product of the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, she was the lead ship of three 45,000-ton Midway class CVBs, followed by USS Franklin D. Roosevelt, CVB-42 and USS Coral Sea, CVB-43. Two additional ships were canceled. Midway's keel was laid on October 27, 1943. The Midway class hull arrangement was modeled on the canceled Montana class battleships and were a new, much larger design intended to correct certain problems in the Essex class design. They had armored flight decks, requiring a much larger hull and lower freeboard, to reduce top weight. They also carried a very heavy AA battery of 5/54 weapons. The armor requirement was originally meant to counter 8" cruiser gunfire, but by the time the ships were laid down the focus had shifted to defending against aircraft attack.

I happen like history..

Phantoms old??? NEVER :D

post-54-1091760763_thumb.jpg

Hey Chief,

Can you help? I tried downloading a few carriers (the file I used had 9 or 10 in various locations) but they sucked. They had the JBD's constantly up and some sort of "boxes" all over the deck. You could barely taxi around in a Cessna.

I have Flight Deck 2 but I tried to get that to work and had some problems. I don't think the a/c are compatable with 2k4.

Can you tell me how to set 2k4 up so I can try some CarQuals? I just need to know what files I need and how to set it up.

I just ordered FD3 from PCaviator but I'm not sure if that's all I need.

Thanks,

foofighter

Hey Foofighter,

Whew! You have a lot of questions, and for the most part, I don't have answers!

However, I will say this; when you get FD3, it should solve your problems.

Personally, I plan to uninstall all my carrier scenery and reinstall them, one by one.

There are various mods to the flight deck textures, etc...that have messed up the graphics for my carrier sceneries. Once I get them reinstalled, I plan to leave them alone!

Good luck, and let me know how your situation is, once you get FD3.

Navy Chief

have messed up the graphics for my carrier sceneries. Once I get them reinstalled, I plan to leave them alone!

lol lol lol...in other words install and forget?

I just ordered FD3 from PCaviator but I'm not sure if that's all I need.

Thanks,

foofighter

Is this the same Foofighter from Simviation that is against Payware??

FD2 doesn't work in FS9 without the update. Since you are buying a new full version you should get everything working once installed

Thanks Chief,

FD3 came today and everything is working fine.

Top Gun,

No I'm not the same Foofighter, I was stupid enough to pay $450.00 for Office 2000 Prof. 2 weeks before xp version came out. :( I'm not against payware I guess as long as it's worth the price.

Foofighter.

Chief,

Bruce Baker has done the Midway class and there are FS9 versions, I think.

He is the guy who is makinf the F3H Demon. And he is always making new carriers.

Hey Nick,

I did some searching on Flightsim.com, and found that Bruce Baker had created the USS Lexington for FS9 (which I have not been able to get to work properly).

He also created the USS Midway, but is for CFS2, and not sure it will work ok in FS9.

I still am not able to find carriers such as the Independence or Saratoga for FS9.

Hopefully they'll be available soon!

Thanks,

NC