Sign in to follow this  
navychief

Yugoslavic advanced trainer available!

I thought this aircraft looked interesting, especially with the ejection seat effects! I have not installed it yet, but will later on today.

Navy Chief

FS2002/FS2004 Soko Galeb-2 v1.1 package. The Soko G2-A Galeb (seagull) is a Yugoslav made two-seat advanced trainer powered by the Rolls Royce Viper Mk22-6 engine. Includes installer for both FS2002 and FS2004. Features full animated moving parts - all control surfaces, canopy, gears, "live" pilots, ejection seats, crash effects, custom sounds, cockpit sound effects, high detail dynamic 3D virtual cockpit with clickable gauges and separate flight dynamics files for FS2002 and FS2004. Package includes different visual models with nine real life paint schemes for Croatian, Serbian, Libyan and Yugoslav Air Forces, and civilian 'Acro' and 'USAF' markings. Texture templates included. Flight dynamics, panel and XML gauges by Goran Savic, FSDS2 model by Luka Midic.

I thought this aircraft looked interesting, especially with the ejection seat effects!  I have not installed it yet, but will later on today.

pretty neat!..I can see it now,navy 566 call the ball.....(in cockpit) ok nugget now you know what you gotta do,set it up...now the landing gear,hey no no!! dont touch th.. shosssssssssssshhhhh

Coincidentally, my rating in the Navy was egress systems. Of all the ejection seat systems I worked on, the Martin Baker seats were the most interesting. But they were also the most complicated!

Navy Chief

the Martin Baker seats were the most interesting. But they were also the most complicated!

My best running mate on the Ranger was a seat man,he did make one error,tho I pray he never knew it..but yeah I was at times aprrensive bout the seats,in the ole a-4 you had go into and behind the panel to change a bulb in the sight,allways worried bout my feet...

When I was at China Lake all the ordies had to be seat qualed in the F/A-18 and the A-6. I was never comfortable sitting in those things during load preps and stray voltage checks. If had my way I'd de-arm the airbags in my wifes car.

Chief, did you see the multimeter gauge that someone,obviously an AE or AT, made for FS9? now we can troubleshoot our aircraft in the game. Whats next? a virtual maintanece control?

I saw that plane last night,I plan on downloading it sometime today.

Hey Firehawkordy,

Yep, I saw the multimeter. Problem is, I don't even know how to use one in real life; much less in a flight simulation!

As an AME, if we needed electrical troubleshooting, we just filled out a MAF, and the AEs went to work. Heh, heh, heh....

NC

Chief. I got the bird and did some test flights. Handles real nice, good response on the stick. The bang seat does work but you have to be in spot plane to see it. After you punch out the plane goes into a spin. I didnt try to see if the controls worked afterwards but it might ve ppossible to recover.

Now for the bad, Instruments are in metric, and labled in Slavic. To taxi you need half throttle to get moving, quarter to keep speed. I set my flaps two notches, and on take off rotate when the ASI reaches 120km. Top speed according to FSnav is 360 mph.

To turn on the gunsight, hit the Master Arm switch, in VC it is located under the red cover switch to the left of the stick. There are other things on that panel to mess with too, but you know how AO's are about folks messing with our knobs and switches. ;)

Landing is really sweet, almost as good as the T-28. Going for another test flight,and get some inflight pics.

IYAOYAS