Sign in to follow this  
Siggi

If this doesn't have you crying with laughter...

Hey, Siggi! Great to see you here again.

Must I read that whole text, to get the joke?

Guest British_eh

I think I would have died of liver failure before even firing a shot :)

Cheers,

British_eh

I think I would have died of liver failure before even firing a shot :)

Cheers,

British_eh

Ha! I was thinking just that. Those boys sure loved their cups.

SIGGI ! Good to see you about mate. And that's a fun read you've linked to. Also, I assume most folks here know that "War Birds: Diary of an Unknown Aviator" was in fact written by Elliot White Springs, (not anonymous). He also wrote "Above The Bright Blue Sky" and "Nocturne Militaire", both excellent reads as well.

SIGGI ! Good to see you about mate. And that's a fun read you've linked to. Also, I assume most folks here know that "War Birds: Diary of an Unknown Aviator" was in fact written by Elliot White Springs, (not anonymous). He also wrote "Above The Bright Blue Sky" and "Nocturne Militaire", both excellent reads as well.

Heya guys! Erm...I've been mostly trying out RoF the last week. If anyone is interested in an objective review I'll post one but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

The diary: "The "unknown aviator" was John MacGavock Grider, who was KIA in June 1918 flying an SE5a with 85 Squadron, and it was edited by his best friend and squadron-mate Elliott White Springs.

It is mostly based on Grider's diary but Springs slipped in a number of his own adventures as well."

Heya guys! Erm...I've been mostly trying out RoF the last week. If anyone is interested in an objective review I'll post one but I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

The diary: "The "unknown aviator" was John MacGavock Grider, who was KIA in June 1918 flying an SE5a with 85 Squadron, and it was edited by his best friend and squadron-mate Elliott White Springs.

It is mostly based on Grider's diary but Springs slipped in a number of his own adventures as well."

I fly the other not to be mentioned here WWI air combat sim, too, and would be interested in your take on it to see if it mirrors mine. I also understand the turf issues which a few folks in both camps have taken to extremes, but even one of the OFF developers commented soon after the other not be mentioned WWI air combat sim was released that he welcomed the effort from the standpoint of increasing interest in (my choice of words) this facet of computer gaming and thereby interest in OFF as well. And obviously his opinion has been validated by virtue that OFF is thriving as well as the not to be mentioned here WWI air combat sim where both continue to provide both free and for purchase content updates.

Frankly each game offers some things the other doesn't and from an interested user standpoint it's the best of both worlds.