Could someone enlighten me on what the different things are on this Airfield ini? I'm trying to get my planes to takeoff from a runway I've created on the SF2 Range terrain. RIght now they depart from the center of the bombing range (near the gunnery targets) at a place called BOGUS RUNWAY (good name).........champ

[Runway001]

Heading=0

Offset=-0,0

Length=2600

Width=80

TouchDownHead=0,918.5

TouchDownTail=0,-918.5

TakeOffHead=0,1300

TakeOffTail=0,-1300

------------------------------THIS IS NOT FROM ABOVE AIRFIELD (but what does it specify on the taxi route?)

TaxiHead[01].Heading=270

TaxiHead[01].Offset=50,895

TaxiHead[02].Heading=322

TaxiHead[02].Offset=80,863

TaxiTail[01].Heading=45

TaxiTail[01].Offset=-47,-802

TaxiTail[02].Heading=45

TaxiTail[02].Offset=-79,-832

Champ,

Taken from your entry, the following relates to the position the A/C is pointing when it begins to taxi. In the example you provided below, assuming the airfield is oriented north at 0 degrees:

This first entry has 1st and 2nd A/C on a taxiway turning left to take off to the south.

TaxiHead[01].Heading=270 <========== direction A/C is lined up (west=270 degrees)

TaxiHead[01].Offset=50,895 <========== position A/C is located on the airfield from the center of the airfield [0,0]

TaxiHead[02].Heading=322

You need the airfield set up in the terrain targets file. Look at the line "Position=441000.000000,613800.000000", that is the "center position" of your airfield, in stock it is mostly the center of the runway. Also the line "AirfieldDataFile=desert_airfield1.ini" MUST match the file you are creating/modifying. Knowing that, you can look at the airfield data file.

[Runway001]

Heading=0 <-The runway is facing north (90=east, 180=south, 270=west)

Offset=-0,0 <-The center of the runway is exactly at the target areas center (like said above)

Length=2600 <-I believe values for the game engine to identify as small, large, etc. airfield

Width=80

TouchDownHead=0,918.5 <-Touchdown point in relation to the runway (for AI)

TouchDownTail=0,-918.5 <-Same but using runway in other direction

TakeOffHead=0,1300 <-Takeoff point for AI

TakeOffTail=0,-1300

------------------------------THIS IS NOT FROM ABOVE AIRFIELD (but what does it specify on the taxi route?)

TaxiHead[01].Heading=270 <-First wingman heading this direction (here facing west) while you are on the runway

TaxiHead[01].Offset=50,895 <-First wingmans position in relation to the runways center point

TaxiHead[02].Heading=322 <-Second wingman, like above.

Note: When you take off and the first wingman enters the runway, your second wingman will taxi to the same position as your first one! So if you got 15 wingmen with you, the last will taxi through all 15 points before entering runway.

TaxiTail[01].Heading=45 <-Same as above but using runway in other direction

TaxiTail[01].Offset=-47,-802

TaxiTail[02].Heading=45

TaxiTail[02].Offset=-79,-832

I believe this should be true, if not, some of the terrain gurus will correct me! :grin:

Yes, just as Florian said. ASSUMING the standard 0/180 heading for runways 1,2,3,5,6 (4 has it's own weirdness, and requires a much larger 'cleared' tile zone)

And even if you rotate the runway to a different heading, the GameEngine ™, will still use the orignal parameters. BUT ... do not add anything new to the base after rotating. You MUST add the items first, while still in its original n/s orientation, then adjust the facing to the heading desired

All the distnaces are in meters. In all things

adding an airfield is just a simple matter of copy/paste off one or another of the terrains (again, assuming the use of a desert_airfield*.ini)

However....if it's in a NEW position, you'll need the TE to flatten its location. And that's a whole 'nuther story...

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench