Sign in to follow this  
daddyairplanes

leadership today

ok so last thursday was my last day on active duty. i had my appointment to get my transitional id card on monday right? how about friday afternoon i get a call from my former section and platoon sgt saying i need to come in to sign my final NCOER for the 4th time. i explain to them that i had been out for about 16 hours at the time of the call, my CAC card is now expired and would not work to digitally sign anything anyhow and i need to go and get my new card. i also explain that i am not sure if it will be a CAC card or the one similar to what dependents get(wich it was). finally i tell them that i am in my new house 60 minutes away from base and will not be coming in that day to sign. saturday i talk to my commander, whose daughter is on the same little league soccer team as mine and point out might not get a CAC. he says hey it is what it is. finally sunday night i get a call from my section chief saying i need to come in before the appt on monday and use the CAC card to sign before i turn it in. nevermind the fact that i was invalid since 0001 friday morning! god how i love the leadership in some places! btw i have offered since im stayin in the area to come in and sign it with ink pen when it s convient for me!:grin:

Thanks for your service to our country. I'm glad your finished. :yahoo:

Some guys see only "By the Book" :deadhorse:

Oh I bet you that felt good!

What a PITA these CACs are. I'm not sure if it's an inherent flaw with the tech or just the way the masterminds at the DoD have decided to implement them!

I used to have to carry a CAC reader with me, otherwise everytime I went to work, I'd be saturated with emails...constantly getting the 'Mailbox is full' message...

FC

gets better ops sgt got pissy at me today when i asked what they were gonna do. wanted to take a dependent style card, no chip, and load it in CAC reader. i mention that IT WONT WORK and she says i HAVE to come in and try. after reminding them that i am out and have to do nothing she decides to go with my original suggestion putting "soldier not available" in the block. forget by the book this is what happens when you drink too much red bull/monster throughout the day! rots out teeth and minds:rofl:

@jedimaster CAC cards are a plot by the chinese to eventually cripple the military when they disable the software that runs it and there fore the US military will be unable to fill out forms!:rofl:

Edited by daddyairplanes

:lol:

Just who is ActivIdentity Inc, anyway? Do we really know who's behind them?

I demand a congressional inquiry complete with those boring hearings on C-SPAN (although they may feel free to liven it up with appearances by Garry Shandling or Robert Downey Jr).