Sign in to follow this  
quack74

What are ideal Water settings

Ever since I got my new GFX card my water has been horrible. For every terrain. It is way too light blue and fuzzy at distances. Also it barely moves. I'm using Jan Tumas terrain upgrades and I currently have DX11 gfx card. Can someone post their water settings from their Terrain_DATA.ini that they are happy with. I dont know how to optimize water settings. Thks

BTW It's for FE2

Edited by quack74

Preferably bath temperature... a good book and a good glass of red wine or a good scotch... sorry couldn't resist

:blink: .................:no: ....................:grin:

I was drooling at the mouth after seeing your shots of the Fokker 7 in FE2 with the bump mapping, so I thought maybe if I got DX10 on my Quad 660 4gb ram with GTS250 1gb video card I would see that too. So I got onto this site and these pictures were there. I thought you might be interested with your water question. DXDIAG says I am now running DX10 but needless to say, I cannot get anything like that (or bump mapping in FE2) and I now get an error message with I fire up FE2 as well. Any IT savvy folk out there got any ideas please?

http://www.techmixer.com/download-directx-10-for-windows-xp/

post-35285-098999000 1289023282.jpg

post-35285-060014500 1289023296.jpg

the illusion of 'movement' is usually controlled by the "waternormal.bmp". Also, check the alpha channels on ALL sea, river, and sea/land transitions tiles. Compare them to the stock ones if needed. There are varying levels of grainess that helps add to the illusion of waves, currents, sea serpents, etc

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench