Guest rscsjsuso5

comment- very good wonderful looking forward to it.

question- what plane is it , Wikipedia link would be useful

question- just curious of the meaning of desert taxi and nazi/germany ww2 insignia (historical reference).

Bf-108 "Taufin" (used in many movies as 'standins' for 109 -- these went after Indy & and his father in "Last Crusade", were used in Von Ryans Express, and countless others, like The Great Escape and 633 Squadron. Yes, I know my 'movie planes')

wrench

kevin stein

Edited by Wrench

During the war in North Africa, Generalfeldmarschall Erwin Rommel wanted to be in as many places as he could and used the Luftwaffe to transport him around the battlefield and his command. Among his most useful "Desert Taxis," as he often referred to his personal aircraft, was the four-seat Bf 108 Taifun - the predecessor to the famous Bf 109.

Now THAT is a nice and very original plane !!!:good:

Hou doe,

Derk

BoB used the ex-Spanish AF Buchons (and ex Spanish He-111s, too!)

you can see them near the beginning of the movie, when 633's base is attacked, and during the "Trench Run" sequence, and in the little clip below

I never tire to listening to Ron Goodwin's theme music!

wrench

kevin stein