Sign in to follow this  
Stratos

A mission every 10 days?

Well HOLDING the keys is advancing the game so is working for me. Thanks for the offer about the Nieuport-28 skin, but I'm more a German flying pilot so I fly Albatross usually, I'm now in the 4th mission of the war in my Jasta 2 Albatros D.II claimed 5 kills but have no news yet about, I'm advancing time and got injured in a hard crash, so more or less two months passed since the first 3 claims.

Thanks for all the tips guys!! Really apreciatted.

Hey, more a German flyer? Welcome in the League of Gentlemen, mein Herr!

And Jasta 2 is an excellent choice to fly with!

If you give me a capital letter or send me a personal emblem, I could make you

a D.II personalised skin.

Thanks for the offer, but I don't have HiR yet, will tell you when I purchase and can get my 5 kills. Currently my 5 kills were rejected :(

Stratos, one thing is very important for the claims: never use semicolons.

They stop the report at that point, and the sim can't see your witness names.

Make sure, that witness first names and family names are written correct.

All the best!

Guest British_eh

Hi there,

If you are looking for some realism ,but wish to accelerate time, then you may want to also consider the Sicky : Sticky : attachicon.gif Survival In the Air Series - OFF- Pilot primers and Workshop Settings

There are guides to flying a variety of aircraft, and Workshop/Config settings and Gunload are provided too. One way ( that is not endorsed by the SIA - RSS guides) to get to the combat quickly is to use the WARP function > X . It will get you to the action and stop you when there are enemies nearby. Also try changing the Enemy Activity from the Recommended Light, to Heavy.

Cheers,

British_eh

Can't understand you British_eh, english is not my primary language and I have problems understanding it sometimes. Can you please try to explain what you tried to tell me? Thanks

In the meantime will like to make two quesrions that altought not vital will improve my simulation inmersion.

- There's no visible damage on the planes? I selected normal res cause it says that hires textures doesn't show damage, but even when I really hit hard my targets or when I'm hit the plane looks brand new, so I supose I'm doing something wrong here.

- Is possible to change key assingments somehow? Will like to map time accel and timedeaccel to my Saitek X-52, as will make things easier, but as soon as I try to change the keys hitting ESC, plus controls and selecting the key to change the game freezes and I need to reinstall OFF as it says it can't copy the terrain files.

- When the winter terrain should appear on the game?

Thats it. Thanks in advance!

Edited by Stratos

You should see damage in normal resolution, Stratos. I'm not sure how much damage - maybe it was improved with "Hat in the ring".

Something seems to be very wrong, when you can't even make new key assignments.

If you have many problems, try to reset both CFS3 and OFF Manager in "Workshops"

(you will loose your pilots that way, but it seems to be necessary).

When you make a new key assignment, you must:

- hit "Esc"

- Click on "Controls"

- choose a command and click "additional assignment"

- now you create an additional assignment for the joystick button you want

- only after this, you can delete the old assignment

There is no way to just change an assignment from one key to another without this method.

Hi Stratos

To change the next mission date in campaign:

Open your Open "Pilot**Dossier" file

Pilot files are located in your \CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields\campaigns\CampaignData\Pilots folder

The beginning looks like this and the bold numbers shown in this example is when the next mission should be flown ( 12 April 1917). If you want to fly every 10 days simply change the day to 22.

Germany

Jasta 9

Flieger

Pilot first name

Pilot last name

Cheers

vonOben

Seems that I will need to reinstall everything, I will finish my campaign and purchase HIR so I will need to reinstall everything again. The good point of all is that all will work better I hope and that as soon as I get my 5 kills I will ask for a personal skin. If you like the Albatros Olham you will like to paint my skin I hope.

Yes, I will do, Stratos.

When you get "HitR", please make absolutely sure to follow the install instructions given in the website

www.overflandersfields. There was a superpatch and a minor one, which need to get installed in the

right order. You'll find it there neatly explained.

I'm starting to wonder, How much is language problems, and how much is you only understand what you want to

C'mon mate, If you don't want to enter this post or don't want to answer my questions simply don't do it, you don't need to be rude. Olham and other helped me a lot, don't make this community seems like a troll cause you had a bad day.

While his tone is not always the politest (he must have lost it in "Nam" - only UncleAl gets away with that ), Stratos,

his informations are often helpful and of friendly intention. Forgive him, if you can.

Run the sim in your screens highest resolution. How to set it up, see my "Graphic Settings tutorial".

You should see damage then.

Edited by Olham

Aaahhhh good old Uncleal... every website should have one... they make life fun and keep you occupied.

Don't worry I'm not angry or anything like that, but it seems he asumes thing that are not wrong. For example textures, I checked the texture tip and applied 1440*900 that is the maximum for my screen, and my performance is not lacking, I have a nice computer and I can run big furballs with lots of planes and flak pretty well, so seems that this is not the problem, but I still don't see any damage, assuming that I should see holes when I hit the enemy and get the messages confirming it. BUT as Olham pointed is maybe a problem with the install, I will purchase HiR and make a clean install of everything this Tuesday as I had a very busy weekend here and couldn't make the purchase, more news as soon as I can get everything running again.

Thanks