Sign in to follow this  
Catfish

Silly Question

hi all

just a silly question about jet thunder...

Well, where it's possible to buy it? Is there a download site? I wasn't able to find it at thunder-works.com...

The first installment of Jet Thunder will be released later this winter as I understood it.

The first release (Jet Thunder: Royal Air Force Harrier) will include the full Falklands/Malvinas islands as a backdrop for the missions flown with the Royal Air Force 1(F) Squadron's Harrier. Starting from the HMS Hermes the user will have battle the Argentinean fighters in support of the Fleet Air Arm Sea Harriers, defend the British ships from attack, prepare the landing operations and provide close air support for the Royal Marines and Paratroopers. The Harrier is expertly modeled and fully operational. From a 'cold and dark' start, all the way to shut down the systems are as they are in the real aircraft. As far as we know this will be the first time full VTOL procedures will be realistically possible in a simulator. Release is scheduled for late 2010, download only, at a of price €20 (plus VAT when applicable).

In 2011 there will be additions that will add many more flyable aircraft, the Argentinean side, and finally the boxed/download version that combines it all.

Edited by JonathanRL

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

No new news? The ThunderWorks page seems abandoned...

Edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER

Aerosoft hast taken over JT.

Latest news are, that earliest in beginning of April the release will be out.

We hope to be met because the project would come out in early 2011. We have waited long and we have been promised much and only showed us images rendered for a long time, but not the game original.

Greetings

We hope to be met because the project would come out in early 2011. We have waited long and we have been promised much and only showed us images rendered for a long time, but not the game original.

Greetings

Thanks. Latest images I've been posted are not rendered, are all in-game:

post-991-0-09442500-1300242243.jpg

post-991-0-49490000-1300242208.jpg

post-991-0-85917900-1300242267.jpg

post-991-0-92453100-1300242300.jpg

post-991-0-96273700-1300242330.jpg

The problem was that the game was getting obsolete, and what we're doing now is refactoring it completely, with the help of Aerosoft, to make it look up-to-date.

The Pucará cockpit will look absolutely amazing, it's being done with every single detail taken into account, and with clickable buttons.

--

Español:

Gracias. Las últimas imágenes que han sido publicadas no son renders, son en el juego.

El problema es que el juego ya era obsoleto, y lo que estamos haciendo ahora es la refactorización por completo, con la ayuda de Aerosoft, para que se vea como un juego actual.

La cabina del Pucará esta quedando absolutamente increíble, se está haciendo con todos los detalles en cuenta, y con botones operados directamente con el ratón.

Edited by Dante-JT
minor corrections in the Spanish translation

Greetings

Maybe you should take an eye on the aerosoft forums.

there will be posted updates more often then here! ;-)

Es verdad, pero cuando yo pregunte esas capturas in game no habian sido publicadas todavia.

Lo del pucara me parece bastante bien, aunque se perdieron muchos enteros al anunciar que saldria primero el Harrier... A seguir esperando...

Saludos!

-------------------------------------------

True, but when I ask these catches in game had not been published yet.

Lo pucara seems pretty good, although it lost many by announcing that it would come out whole first Harrier ... To keep waiting ...

Greetings!

Looking good I cant' wait to get my hands on this.I much prefer conflicts like this.WW2 and other wars have been done to death.I love COIN aircraft and the Pucara is one of my favorites. :good:

Edited by SopmodMikeFour

Well, I 've just been to the Aerosoft forum to see what's happening and unfortunately it's frozen on me twice now.

Will this game ever come out?!

Edit: Page finally loaded at Aerosoft and this seems to be the latest news...

Yes, project is still on the way. Being clear with you guys, I have to say that we had a minor bottleneck regarding 3d modeling, specially on cockpits front, which was promptly fixed by Aerosoft kindly providing the time of one of their 3d modelers, resulting in the Pucara cockpit shown here a couple of posts ago. However it becomes apparent now that we have a major bottleneck in the programming front, as I've said in that same post, and it can't be fixed by adding 3d modelers to the equation, not even adding script programmers (FM, Avionics etc, which in our case use the LUA scripting language); the issues are in the inner core of the 3d engine which is written in C/C++ code. We have to think in clear and clever ways to fix this bottleneck - the current 'fix' is just to give more time to our code guys, although we're open to new ideas at this point!

Edited by Spinners