Sign in to follow this  
TheStig

F-105 with Bombay for Nuclear Weapons

Not sure if this idea has been studied or done.. The F-105 was originally conceived as a nuclear bomber with a bomb bay. The bay was used for extra fuel though when the Thud went to Vietnam. If some of us are using the games where the Cold War has gone hot, why not have a Thud ready to carry a Mk-43 in the bombay it originally was designed to have?

This has been brought up before. As far as I know, NONE of the current F-105 models have the internal bomb bay available to use. It would require a whole new model.

FC

If you look at the data in for ALL the Thuds (both 3W and ADs), you'll find the bombbays all full of fuel.

Like FC said, TOTALY new models would be required to add the bay (interior structures), bay doors and animations thereto

wrench

kevin stein

that beacouse all model D,G and Fs IIRC only A and C had a internal bomb bay. does are not available for this game or any game if im not mistaken

D, F and G Thunderchief do all have the bombbay.

Its simply not modeled with opening doors in the TW aircraft.

If I had a CAD or 3D modeler program, I would already be building it instead of blurting my mouth out about what the Strike Fighters Series needs. Sorry guys.

D, F and G Thunderchief do all have the bombbay.

Its simply not modeled with opening doors in the TW aircraft.

my mistake sorry

Are the source files avaible?! Not the TK models but the F and G ?!

Ask Amour Dave, he did the F-105D, F-105F & F-105G

Edited by Soulfreak

AD lost the source files a long time ago (5+years). A pity, too. They're STILL good looking birds

wrench

kevin stein