Sign in to follow this  
CW3SF

Glad to be back

Back in AZ for the winter and looking forward to flying lots and picking your brains on several issues. The Colorado high country was lovely this last summer but when the snows hit just as we pulled our Elk camp I knew it was time to head south.

What's knew over the last 5 1/2 months? I did see that P4 is still in the works.

My old Monarch Computer needs to be replaced--- thinking about going with Falcon NW and getting a cooling unit for all of the "hot" cards, cpu's, & such.

The first thing is to get back to flying and see if I can still last more than a day or two.

Thanks for all of the future advice.

CW3SF

Welcome Back...yup, P4 is being worked on as we speak, we're all looking forward to it...you can check some of the screenies at the OFF website

Happy Flying :drinks:

Welcome back CW3SF, (name just rolls of the tongue it does). Returning Gents buy the drinks!

I'll have nice pinta' Guinness Extra Stout my good man. :drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

CW3SF? Not CFS3WW1? What does it mean?

Likely Chief Warrant Officer 3. SF, maybe Steve Forbes? :grin:

Welcome back CW3. Can only guess where you were hanging out for the last few months but I do know its always good to be home.

Edited by nbryant

Welcome back to the War hope your leave was a good one... mines a good single malt... its kept under the bar... :drinks:

Thanks for the welcome back.

"CW3SF" Some of you got close---really close. Chief Warrant Officer 3 with my last duty in the Special Forces, thus CW3SF.

On some other sites I am "SNAKE" ( my call sign ). Some have me listed as CW3SF1937 or SNAKE1937 ( Born in 1937 )

I have to get a Track IR soon. I will be asking lots on this issue later.

Get it under any circumstances - it will put you really into the cockpit. Best spent money after OFF!

I have to get a Track IR soon. I will be asking lots on this issue later.

It's the American Express card of flight sims everywhere.

"Don't leave the airfield without it!" :good:

I had my doubts about spending all that money on it at first too. But I couldn't find a single review that didn't absolutely gush over how fantastic and invaluable it was, plus all of the seasoned virtual pilots around here kept insisting it was a "must buy". They were right. There's no way I'd fly without it now.

Hellshade

t

My old Monarch Computer needs to be replaced---

WoW! Monarch Computer; as in the butterfly logo? If so, they were just down the road from where I once worked. Back in 2000-2002, I would pay a tech I knew to instruct/supervise when I wanted o.c. my pc. With his help, we were able to boot DOS 6.0, Redhat, WIN98SE and WIN2K Pro. Learned some bios "tricks" as well. Good times. Sad they went bankrupt. At least the knowledge imparted hasn't gone Chapter 7. Their tech people were top notch IMHO.

plug_nickel