Sign in to follow this  
mikeymead

Missing Lightning Cockpit Texture?

I'm not really sure but I think that I might be missing a texture in the Lightning pit.

It seems to be affecting the Lightning F1. F1A, F2 & F2A. The F3, F6 & F53 are ok.

It seems to be missing textures on the instrument shroud.

Maybe someone could confirm to me if this is the case.

If so I post on TK's forum but I didn't want to trouble him if the pits are ok as I guess he's a bit busy at the moment.

post-27109-003001600 1291568292.jpg

I'm not really sure but I think that I might be missing a texture in the Lightning pit.

It seems to be affecting the Lightning F1. F1A, F2 & F2A. The F3, F6 & F53 are ok.

It seems to be missing textures on the instrument shroud.

Maybe someone could confirm to me if this is the case.

If so I post on TK's forum but I didn't want to trouble him if the pits are ok as I guess he's a bit busy at the moment.

Lightning F1 Pit.JPG

Are you by chance, stuck using DX9 for rendering (such as in Windows XP)?

yea, seems like that is a XP/ DX9 users specific problem, maybe a mesh issue ( no material assigned or some bloody thing)

I have the same, F1 and F2 lightnings only for me, others are OK

Other Lightning pits with the speed tape, theres a small bright white extra bar moving with the tape which I think is the same problem..

That will be it then , I'm still using XP ( hopefully upgrading to Win7 after Christmas)

Ravenclaw, how on earth do you manage to start your plane on the ramp?

That will be it then , I'm still using XP ( hopefully upgrading to Win7 after Christmas)

Ravenclaw, how on earth do you manage to start your plane on the ramp?

Yeah Mig-21 pits had similar prob. Its part without material specified that turns white. I bet.

I'll tell you the specific issue.

I don't think it's a 'no material' assigned issue...otherwise, those parts would actually glow white and be visible through the other parts of the cockpit LOD.

What you are seeing is a missing texture.

What happens is that any LODs using the newest exporter for 3ds MAX if missing a texture will be white under DX9, but be black under DX10.

Here's an example (work in progress):

What it should look like (Win7, DX10)

img00006.JPG

What it looks like if the texture is missing (Win7, DX10)

img00005.JPG

What it looks like if the texture is missing (Win7, DX9)

img00004.JPG

Exact same LOD, all I did is temporarily rename the texture bitmap. So the Lightning cockpit is missing a texture...just in DX10, the 'naked' mesh happens to be the color that is desired.

Good news is all you have to do is find the texture and it's fixed, no MAX/LOD change needed.

FC

By the way, I'd imagine the Lightning cockpits that look correct in DX9 probably have the necessary texture. I'd say extract both cockpit directories (the bad ones and the good ones), find which texture the good one has that the bad one doesn't, make a copy of the texture needed and place it in the bad cockpit directory, then place the updated cockpit directory in the relevant Lightning directories and see if that fixes the issue.

I have not investigated this part yet to see if it fixes it.

FC

Texture is missing and will be fixed in the patch. It was accidentally left out.

Texture is missing and will be fixed in the patch. It was accidentally left out.

Thank you.:drinks: