Sign in to follow this  
quack74

Confirm for me please "Battle of Caporetto"

Hello all. Just would like to hear back from anyone that has installed my "Battle of Caporetto" campaign. I havnt heard if it works or not yet from anyone. I would like to upload Version 3.0 soon. But I dont want to get too far ahead of everyone. I see in the dowload section that many have downloaded Part 1 and not Part 2. Since both are needed to work properly I'm a little concerned. Are the files too big? Does it not work on some of your systems? The number of downloads for Part 1 should be the same as Part 2. And if you dont have Part 2 you cant upgrade to any new versions. Please, someone confirm for me that it atleast does work.

I will be overwriting the Version 2.0 with Version 3.0. 3.0 will have Italian and Austrian groundforces appearing and moving into "target areas. Lots of cool action below. Also there will be a new usable Italian Squadriglia 79a that uses the Nieuport 27 in camouflage paint. One Ace skin and multiple ace names will appear (for 79a). I will have two different Campaign Data.ini files and 2 Vogesen_Targets.ini files in the download. One will be for the "Dense" Vogesen_Targets.ini (lots of ground targets added) the others will be for the stock Vogesen_Targets.ini (less targets. Easier on the frame rates).

But before I get too far ahead.....Is it working?

Thanks all

Im sorry to say but I had to give up on it disspite you trying to help me and I thank you but I could never get it to work. Since we moved from FE1 to FE2 I have had problems were to put files and editing stuff in FE2 so I give up on it and stick with FE1 or FE2 standard. The other problem I had was diffrent from you is im using XP SP3 and that do's not help as your readme if I remember was for Vista or Windows 7.

I understand you have put a lot of time and love into this project and I thank you, so I say once again I have given up on it im sorry to say XP FE2 for me hold to many problems.

i have install your mod but it's difficult

the path to install is unclear

the voegesen terrain don'work because it's no voegesen.ini so the campaing don't work too

sorry for this late explain but i don't have install this mod in FE2

Christian

PS : version 3.0 will be wellcome

After much fighting against Unicode and a little tweaking (including a new custom Nations.ini of my own and reverting all the strange Germany...names into Austria...names to use a Austro-Italian medals pack, giving Austrian medals to Austrian and German medals to Germans and using Austro-Hungarian pilot names instead German ones, still testing it) I have installed it in FE1 and it works, but have some bugs: sometimes the targets (squads, truks and some balloons) are invisible (I suspect they are under the ground). I don't know this bug is terrain or campaign related.

Also I have tweaked a little the Hansa-Brandenburg CI and Lloyd CII to have some differences between them and the Aviatik CII.

Ah, for FE1 users, I had to shorten some skin names to make them work. Very strange....

I have installed it in FE1 and it works, but have some bugs: sometimes the targets (squads, truks and some balloons) are invisible (I suspect they are under the ground). I don't know this bug is terrain or campaign related.

What worked for me as far as the terrain height, open the Vogesen_DATA.ini scrole down to the [Texture001], [Texture002], etc, etc. Change the

"HeightMapScale" to "HeightMapScale=0.000000" for every [Texture].

Your update to ver 3.0 is welcome,I'm Italian and I like very much your mod campaign.

Greetings,

Ice Man

Teo