Sign in to follow this  
vonOben

Transferring to an enemy airfield?

Hi

I had a strange campaign mission today flying for Jasta 19 on the March 31, 1918.

We were going to fly to our new airfield at Balatre and according to the ingame map was that airfield on enemy ground. Perhaps they haven’t updated the maps then, so I flew away following first flight and the route on the map. But when we flew over the frontline it seemed as the ingame map was right and the airfield was on enemy ground, so I headed for the nearest friendly airfield and landed there instead.

Is this normal and what am I supposed to do land on the enemy airfield? :blink:

Cheers

vonOben

You could click on "advance time" in the briefing menue. So you would pass the transfer.

Next day, you should be on the new field. You'll see, if you will be a POW - or if you can fight on.

If you'll be PoW, you should send that outcome to the devs.

Just checked it, and Jasta 19 was at Balatre 29. 3. - 13. 4. 1918.

German offensives early 1918 moved the front lines far west for short time.

The ingame landscape cannot always get changed accordingly.

Switch on "Labels" - then you will see "German frontline" and "British frontline" as labels over the front.

The front lines move 12 times in OFF, that copes with most of the major changes in WW1. However in real life the lines changed in small areas more often.

This means we have to make 12 sims, 12 landscapes with all the airfields and objects placed etc etc..

It's a sim of the war rather than all of it, but it's the best we can do without going <more> insane :)

Also just remember it is a war so odd things can and will happen :), maybe it was captured whilst you were in the air :)

You should just obey your orders, vonOben. If the brilliant commanders order your Jasta to transfer over to the enemy, they must have good reasons to do so. :grin:

Hi

OK, no big deal. In the next mission the frontline had moved and I was stationed at Balatre. :grin:

Cheers

vonOben

Edited by vonOben