Sign in to follow this  
cptroyce

I Am Mystified..

Need some help..My PC crashed...added new HD..XP pro sp3 OS. All other hardware the same. Always ran OFF with no problems. Now for some unknown reason I cannot get OFF to load and start up at all

I have done three clean installs of CFS 3 with 3.1 and/or 3.1a.; and three clean installs of OFF. I cannot get OFF to start. I have run regestry cleaners between uninstalls and installs. Nothing helps..I am totally bewildered.

I believe I am following the install process step by step and can't think of anything I am missing.

I have stopped at each level of upgrade and still no start up.

CFS3 runs fine..just no OFF.

Is their a file I might be missing that is not part of the CFS 3 or BHAH products?

Can't believe this is happening and that I can't fly Off.

Thanks in advance,

Royce

cpt,

There's probably an answer, but I don't think I'll be providing it - try the OFF support team, and take your PC down to a decent PC doctor. SP3 was, AFAIK, always slightly suspect, so a clean XP install - or maybe W7 now? - might be useful.

I cannot get OFF to start.

I think more step-by-step info on what you are doing and seeing is going to be needed. Does the BHaH install process seem to run its full course? Assuming yes, when you double-click the shortcut to start the game what happens?...just nothing? Are there error messages?

Scout - Sorry I wasn't more clear. I get all the way to the "go to field"click..but instead of going to the field and starting, the sim goes back to the "Briefing room" screen. Or It will go to the "welcome to the world of WW1" screen and never load but go back to the briefing room screen.

I have tried clean installs 3 times; of Off and CSF3.

The thing is, that even if I just install the CSF3 and OFF CD and not any of the other upgrades it still won't load and start. The same holds true whether 1.32 and 1.32g are added..also HiTR and 1.47.

The sequence is:

CFS3 - 3.1 - run once and set config - install Off BHAH CD - then other addons as sequenced in the instructions. Am I missing something??

TIA,

Royce

cptroyce, did you run CFS3 as far as going out for a flight?

You may break it off short after takeoff, but you need to get on the field at least once.

If nothing helps, you should write your problem to:

support@overflandersfields.com

Edited by Olham

Olham- Yes I flew CFS3 several times first, before trying to go into OFF. Real mystery to me..never had problems before.

Anyway, your suggestion to write to the support guys is probably needed at this point..or I'll just not be able to fly OFF..sadly

Royce

Write to them, and Winder or Polovski will answer you.

Another idea, if you suspect the change on the computer to be the reason,

would be to write a PM to Parky and/or von Paulus - they know a lot about computers.

Royce,

Did you remember to delete every directory and file on your computer that references OFF?

Don't forget the CFSWW1 Over Flanders Fields folder that resides in the Documents and Settings directory of your main drive.

Thanks guys for all the advice. Emailed OFF support gurus and received great suggestions.

In the end however..after trying everything...I tried yet another clean install(#5) and for some unknown reason, everything loaded up just fine. So I have no explanation..it just worked fine after five tries.

Back to my favorite sim :drinks:

Royce

Cptroyce, glad you have it sorted out Sir. I once had to install and reinstall OFF and all related upgrades four times before it final took. It can be quirky.

Oh lord - this is exactly what I have to do right now! I hope I will be luckier?

With a BIG help from a good friend, my system is running again.

I still find all sorts of things to be adjusted again, but I have been in the air already.

Alone, I would have been lost with this one - never had such a total crash before.