Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

Series 1 Kuwaiti A-4KU Skyhawk Updated for Strike Fighters 2

Series 1 Kuwaiti A-4KU Skyhawk Updated for Strike Fighters 2

Kuwaiti A-4KU for Strike Fighters 2

This is the A-4KU flown by the Kuwait Air force during and leading up to the Gulf War I. It is from the Operation Desert Storm SF1 campaign set and I updated it for SF2 as well as changing some of the data.ini information to more accurately reflect the aircraft.

NOTE: The original A-4KU uses Strikefighter 1 series LODS so you will have to have WoV to use this aircraft. (I ignorantly didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to include the series 1 LODS in the upload so that’s why I have now removed them)

Included is an extensive RWR.LST file and RWR.TGA files, a ‘Free Kuwait’ skin and pre invasion skin.

INSTILATION:

1,Drop files in to appropriate folders, override when asked to.

2,Extract the original lod files from WoV ObjectData.cat using the CAT extractor. Following lods: A-4F.LOD, A-4F_lod002.LOD, A-4F_lod003.LOD, A-4F_lod004.LOD, AV-8A_LOD4.LOD & A-4F_lod005.LOD once extracted should go to the A-4KU_Kuwait folder.

NOTE: Has only been tested/used in a merged install of ALL SF2 titles

Credit goes to JSF_Aggie for the Operation Desert Storm SF1 campaign the original A-4KU came from.

I've edited this to fit the SF2 A-4F_74 model so that you won't need the SF1 LODS. Shall I release as a co-project?

-S

yes

wrench

kevin stein

Defiantly! It's been on my to do list but just haven’t had the time. FM, weapons and engine details in the A-4KU_data.ini file represent the more powerful engine and larger weapons capability/weights of the M/KU model Skyhawk so you might want to do a complete aircraft and transfer all that data across to the data.ini file of the A-4F_74 that goes with the lod files etc

Cheers,:drinks:

Dan

I've edited this to fit the SF2 A-4F_74 model so that you won't need the SF1 LODS. Shall I release as a co-project?

-S

Cool, I'll start working on putting it all together.

-Jeff

Kevin: Gotcha!

Great!

Thanks to you all for your work and looking forward to download the new file. :good::drinks: