Sign in to follow this  
cgold

Whoa about WoE...

My new computer is behaving at the moment...and I finally got a chance to install all of my Third-Wire Sims on to this machine. I seem to recall there being a problem of having the Wings over Europe sim quitting after a sortie was performed. I just finished patching the sim up and it is up to date to the max. I also seem to remember it not being a real hard fix, either. I know it's something simple...I've just been away from WoE for so long, I have forgotten what it was exactly. :doh:

I seem to recall there being a problem of having the Wings over Europe sim quitting after a sortie was performed.

Are you experiencing that yourself? I only ever experienced that with certain mods in WoE. For some reason, SF2 series hardly ever does a CTD except when you're damaged and try to warp back home! Fair enough.

I was getting that oo, and as soon as I patched it up the game stopped acting like that. WOI and WOE both did it for me initially. Maybe it had to do with my opsys, I'm running W7.

~Stingray

Actually, both WoE and SFp1 sims cut out after I 'end' the mission... WoV and WoI work fine... They are all patched up to the most modern standard and, I too, run Windows 7 as my OS on my tower. On my laptop; also Windows 7 OS, SFp1 does great... what am I forgetting?!?! :blowup:

Edited by cgold

Where are they installed (path?)

Are you running any of them with admin rights or in compatibility mode?

Hopefully, you didn't install them to the C/ProgramFiles(x86) folder.

All 1stGens get installed to the ROOT of C/ (allows for ini editing)

wrench

kevin stein

So, after just some simple copy and paste action, SFp1 works great...WoI works and WoV works. WoE is now the odd man out. All of these are installed straight to my C: drive... (I had SFp1 (on my laptop , at first) in that Programs(x86) folder before...it really didn't like it in there...) So, maybe when my the data off of my other IDE-style hard drive comes in, maybe the simple copy and paste idea will work. I also have the computer 'in it's place'...the Third Wire games all work without the computer asking me any questions on admin. stuff.

ALSO, I know this is a simple fix...but my WoV sim has no weaponry. I downloaded the latest Weapons Editor and ran it in compatibility mode for Windows98...the main 'menu' pops up, but it does nothing else. It will not allow me to open the weaponsdata.ini and save it so the game will recognize it, essentially. Fixable?

Edited by cgold

For WOV - which only goes to 2008 does it not - you want the old editor dated 20-2-2008. Works fine for me in Win 7 - and I dont need to set comp mode either.

btw to get weapons back in the game you can delete weapondata.dat - it will use the stock set again.