Sign in to follow this  
Crusader

Mirage Factory Mirage 2000 AdA

Thanks guys

Weapons.

I often forget, especially when i am for long away from messing with the internals of SF how critical service years range is with stores ... broaden this to both ends in few articles and it made a difference in the available stores list. Also, i didnt realise how much different the store lists were between the 4 C versions and the -5. Choosing S1 and my list included almost the whole SF installation arsenal. Atlis, AS-30, Martel, Armat, even HARMS and Standards. BTW Does anyone know maybe, which of those C versions was certified for the Exocet ?

Radar.

I don't know why the usual pg-down or my CH HOTAS assigned buttons were not affecting the radar range in Search and TWS. Now they work normally ... :blink:

MICAS IR.

I know the MICA family specs. What i am asking is if it can be used in SF as passive BVR, (~30nm lets say) or maybe with data fed by the radar lets say, or it can only be used as a short range heat seeker in SF?. And if it can lock, track and shoot a BVR target in SF, how do we do that in SF? :smile:

Btw i am looking for a list of what kind of storage each number stands for in the "WeaponDataType="

edit:

ok, Sorted out the MICA IR question. Their IR seeker in SF is able to pick and lock on targets around 40nm away. Managed to use them at such distances. Used as usual heatseekers but at BVR distance as well.

Edited by squid

Hello Squid,

BTW Does anyone know maybe, which of those C versions was certified for the Exocet ?

As far as I know, it's only with the Mirage 2000-5 Mk2 that the radar get two new modes that allow an Exocet to be fired. Export versions may also get that ability.

Btw i am looking for a list of what kind of storage each number stands for in the "WeaponDataType="

I probably have not searched correctly in the KB and thus didn't found it there but here is a post in the German speaking section of the forum that gives the details:

http://combatace.com/topic/60748-frage-zu-weaponstations-und-den-weapons-an-sich/page__view__findpost__p__455809

Tiopiloto,

- Which terrain are those screens from?

- Have you maybe tweaked something like gamma or contrast or smth in your SF?

Geia sou re patriotaki!

First pic is from Formosa and third pic is from Modern Warfare Korea terrain.

Edited by tiopilotos

Squid,

Dave,

by the way, there is a possible small glitch about the JammerStrength value of the Sabre Jammer, as its set to 75 for the S4, while its set to 60 for the S5 and to 65 for the 2000-5F, S1 and S3 being both at 55.

I don't pretend to have an intimate knowledge of the M2000's ECM suite, nor I want to argue about "realism" in a game, but I haven't found anything that indicate a such "powerfulness" specific to the S4.

So, is it by design?

You are right, it should be 55 for the S-4.

It's surely not a realistic value at his own, but it is a good one according to my chart you can view here

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AklJcHZw0T-4cFc1SVFMNFp4bEFHd1RQa0p6U3ZtUVE&hl=en

JAT

Squid,

As you can see, you are getting most of the stores supplied with the Mirage pack, probably that the BGL ("Bombe Guidée Laser" for Laser Guided Bomb) would be available for a Strike mission. The other weapons shown on Dave's screenshots are from a 3rd party weapon pack, so don't be bothered being short. (She don't care she said ;)).

I'll give her a go now that my list is not short any more and check what she has to say now :P

You are right, it should be 55 for the S-4.

It's surely not a realistic value at his own, but it is a good one according to my chart you can view here

https://spreadsheets...p6U3ZtUVE&hl=en

JAT

Hello JAT,

referring to your worksheet (ranges remind me Harpoon 4's figures for a small sized target), which I thank you for sharing as I love tables, shouldn't it be 60 as the S4 is an "RDI" 2000C?

By the way, I'm not sure that any commercial sim can pretend to realistically render ECM, so as far as the whole system is coherent and not biased, it's good enough by far. ;)

PS: if you want more Harpoon's figures, I've got the whole annexes on a shelf.

Edited by FrankD

Hello JAT,

referring to your worksheet (ranges remind me Harpoon 4's figures for a small sized target), which I thank you for sharing as I love tables, shouldn't it be 60 as the S4 is an "RDI" 2000C?

By the way, I'm not sure that any commercial sim can pretend to realistically render ECM, so as far as the whole system is coherent and not biased, it's good enough by far. ;)

PS: if you want more Harpoon's figures, I've got the whole annexes on a shelf.

Well you see wright my work is based on the Harpoon4 datas. The annexes could be usefull thanks.

I think wee can keep 55 for the S4 because the only improvement in avionnic was on the radar on this series. New upgrades were introduced on the S5.

I really like the Plane since i saw a nice demo

of a French Mirage-2000C @ open day 2001 Hopsten AB!

Great work TMF & all involved people! :drinks:

Saw it at the same event. Believe or not this is true French-German-relationship! Thank you French brothers (and sisters of course), we love you for that, great, thank you so much for that airplane! :heat:

Jesus! After the first two flights I am still - or should I say even more - impressed!

By the way, has anyone suggestions in which "french style" looking terrain (SF1 or SF2) to fly this beauty?

Took this up for a quick flight last night. SF2, with the Piecemeal's Desert terrain. All I can say is OUTSTANDING! Thanks to the MF for this work. BPao would be pleased!

It seems that there's maybe a small glitch in the M2000C-S4's ini files, as the ServiceStartYear and ServiceEndYear, are respectively 1988 and 2020 in the "M2000C_RDI-S4_USERLIST.INI" while they are respectively 1987 and 2007 in the "M2000C_RDI-S4_DATA.INI" file.

Also, but I'm nitpicking here, the "ExhaustEmitterName" parameter for all versions is set to "DirtyExhaustEmitter" while, from SNECMA, Jane's and other respectable sources, the compression chamber is moke-free by design.

However, I changed this parameter to "CleanExhaustEmitter" in my files and I haven't noticed any visible difference in game so either I did something wrong, which is highly probable, or this parameter ain't that important.

There's something shadow wrong with the -5 LOD. No matter what shadow settings i use in the ini, the plane isnt casting shadows on itself. It casts on the ordnance but not on its own surfaces. Any ideas ?

Btw, ordnance wise, Mica stations are interchangeable. It can carry any given combination. For example a documented practice is 3 EM + 3 IR. (I also think that the fuel tank stations can get Micas too, not sure, still researching this)

Also it can carry one Scalp-EG (Storm Shadow) on the center pylon and with the software uprade SEG-53 it can also launch Exocets. Easily modified my -5 loadouts :)

Edited by squid

We'll check the S5 shadow issue

Generally :

There have been some big last minute changes to get the package rdy for a Jan 1 release

This caused some ini mix ups, like the service years etc.

Thats all inclusive with free mods :grin:

I did not give the kites the full weapaon capability in some cases, intentionally.

Lack of time and several AI limits ...

The goal was to have AI compatible loadouts which they can use effectively, ie. bombs and rockets

for all versions

IF somebody isnt satisfied with certain loadouts, he can always change them to what he prefers....

theres no way to get it right and working "out of the box" for every game setup anyway.

~

Its only the 2000-5F that has the shadow thing. i think. :smile:

The release loadouts are perfect. especially under the the scope you described. I am just informing the rest of people if they want they can do those ordnance tweaks, and they are not fictional :grin::tongue: (more its about being excited my experiment to alter the loadout the way i wanted worked :tongue:)

all and all its a great package and relase ! :good:

Edited by squid

(...)

Thats all inclusive with free mods :grin:

And having feedbacks from fans to help modders that devoted their spare time to perfect their showpiece is also all inclusive in a community like ours, shouldn't it be? :grin:

I love the pack you, the TMF, past and actual, released and examining the details is a show of caring, not a will of pointless trolling as we all want things to be perfect.

Edited by FrankD

btw, didnt thought to check, is the -5 lacking the self cast shadows in your setups too ? (just in case its something related to my own install only)

Edited by squid

just new skins and loads of new decals ?

It seems to me that only the illustrating picture is new, the download is exactly the same, bit for bit.

Edited by FrankD

It seems to me that only the illustrating picture is new, the download is exactly the same, bit for bit.

Correct.

sorry :blush: i got the notification, saw the new screen and posted :blush: before i had the chance to check against the old file :tongue:

Its my fault. I'm behind on some site stuff and finally got around to getting some of it done in the last couple days. I still have more site things to do but I'm busy working on mods as well.

...so are there any importable TMF mirage 2000's out there? :grin:

SidDogg

Forgot to mention two small issues.

The gun rounds counter on the hud doesn't seems to work but I haven't been able to identify exactly what's wrong in the ini.

Also, there's no 1200-ltr Drop Tank (M2k_RP1200) on Mirage 2000. Instead it's a 1300 liters one (known as "RP62") with 1001 Kg of JP4 in it.

after the JAN 11 update, it seems the -5 has self cast shadows now