Sign in to follow this  
SkyWalker2

New Plains are not working (invisible)

Hi to all!

I got FE1 a few weeks ago and tried first all the Missions and Canpaigns on the disc.

Now i loaded down some Campaigns, new plains and objects which I found in the Download section.

Unfortunately the new campaigns wont work. I just have the two which came with the CD. And if I create an new mission i can choose between

all Aircrafts i loaded down. But there are some who don't work. There is nothing to see, just the bombs maybe who belongs to the plain.

And sometimes the enemy aircrafts are invisible too.

I used the search function but unfortunately without success.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sky

I think you mean planes, not plaines :grin:

If a plane does not appear in game you has done something wrong with the installation procedure. Make sure to place the birds in the correct folder (aircraft). Make sure that you has downloaded planes and not skins.

Which campaign did you download? - can you start you the campaign? - do they need extra objects you dont have?

I think you mean planes, not plaines :grin:

If a plane does not appear in game you has done something wrong with the installation procedure. Make sure to place the birds in the correct folder (aircraft). Make sure that you has downloaded planes and not skins.

Of course planes aka aircrafts :)

The files are in the correct folder and some new planes work. But some not. Its very strange.

Unfortunately new campaigns are not shown in the dropdown menu. This is very sad too.

did the campain need aircraft that are downloaded from an exernal site? some aircraft are not allowed to be included in campaigns so you have to go to another site to download the .lod files.There might be a folder for the aircrafdt but without the lods they will not show.

did the campain need aircraft that are downloaded from an exernal site? some aircraft are not allowed to be included in campaigns so you have to go to another site to download the .lod files.There might be a folder for the aircrafdt but without the lods they will not show.

I will read again the ReadMe file in the campaigns to clearify that. I think this could be possible.

It would be great to get the possibility to download a perfect modded and updated folder of FE1 with all kind of new FM, Planes, Object and so on.

But this is just a wish and christmas is over :)

I will try my best.

Sky

Hej,

it's very dissapointing. I reinstalled the game, patched it to November 2008 and installed peter01 upgrade.

The enemys are absolutly more aggresiv and smart.

But still are there a lot of planes who doesn't work. The are still not there and I can just see the bombs who

belongs to them.

What kind of problem could it be? Maybe a missing cockpit update?

Thx

Sky

It really sounds like missing .lods for the aircraft.maybe you can post a list of the aircraft that are missing?I think that might help track down the problem.Look in the missing aircraft folder and see if there is a .lod file in there.

Edited by whiteknight06604

this is what a 3rd party aircraft folder looks like ... I've highllighted the LOD file listings

compare this to the ones that you have invisible aircraft with

and yes, KNOWING with aircraft are 'missing' would be a tremendous help

wrench

kevin stein

I will check the files for missing .lods and I have allready proved every plane via a single mission. So I have a list which is at home just now and I am at work :)

Thanks a lot for your help guys. I will write asap when I am home again.

Sky

So at leat I am home and I checked the files in the aircraft folders.

I think I am missing all the lod files. I have a lot of planes but it seems without the lod files.

So I think I made a mistake when I installed new planes or maybe hjust a part of it.

Is there anywhere a download with all aircrafts?

post-64413-001614300 1295026016.png

Don't forget, too, that ALL the stock aircraft have their LODs stored inside the ObjectData***.cats, so you won't see them in the stock aircraft folders.

If they're DAT aircraft, you'll have to get them from the DAT site (after registering, and getting the various passwords and such -- remember!!!-- there are 2 different registration required; one for the Forums and one for the Downloads)

wrench

kevin stein

OK, thanks quys.

I thought it is easier to make these updates and so on. But maybe it`s just because I am a newbie and not involved since the game was released.

I think this is a great game and it is even better after patching peter01 FM. And when I am able to fly all kind of aircrafts and use all missions, I think

it is my game for the next months ... and may be longer :)

I will sign up on the A- Team site and try to make it. But I will not be tired to ask again her :)

Thx

Sky

Hej again!

i started to download the A- Team planes and the problem seems to be solved. I will one by one download all aircrafts and the other WWI objects.

So I hope I will have a full working game as soon as possible. And I am glad to have some new campaigns.

Thanks guys

Sky

Peters FM is only the FM it doesn't actually have the plane files included...however you will be able to fly any AI planes that where included in the game...

Edited by Wodin

Is the question "How Do I Make AI Planes Flyable?"

You add a cockpit to it, via edits of the main ini

while directed more towards SF/Wo* and SF2, (and jets) the basic info is here:

http://combatace.com/topic/20789-how-to-make-ai-planes-flyable/

Remember people! A lot of the information from the SF/Wo* series is equally valid in FE!!!

wrench

kevin stein

Hej again!

Every new plane is working fine, but I have a new problem regarding the bombs. I found allready some informations here extracting the

weapondata.ini.

But it seems it is too complicated for me. And the peter01s FM didn't change this situation, which I hoped.

Is there any ready weapondata.ini which ic can use to drop bombs again?

Thanks

Sky