Sign in to follow this  
Wood

Campaign on youtube

One tip (although you may have left them on on purpose): switch off "Labels" - it just looks wrong.

And then carry on - I like anything with Albatros !!

i would prefer to fly without labels but i cant see a thing without them. and i risk doing a mission without encountering any enemy aircraft.

Well - that's how it often was. I must have passed hundreds of enemy planes nearby,

without us noticing each other.

You could keep "Labels" on, until you are near to enemies - and then switch them off.

I know, it IS tough to find anyone.

Please try it - I find it really improves the immersion, though of course it can be argued that real life pilots have better visibility from the cockpit and using labels helps with the limitations of computer screens. But without labels things can be so much more exciting. Somebody may even surprise your flight occasionally. There's no better way to wake up during a boring mission when hostile tracers suddenly start flying around you. :grin:

I flew with labels until I got TrackIR and a better monitor. That was when I decided that I had superseded the computer screen limitations enough to take them off.

HOWEVER I still do occasionally turn them on in flight because I like to know A) who my wingmen are, B) what their status is. If that's Lieutenant Tommy blazing away at a burning Dr.I I want to know about it so I can record it accurately in my AAR for my campaign write-up on this forum.

I'll agree with Olham. Switch off those lables and you'll be golden. Nice filming.

Hellshade

Nothing beats labels and the TAC for turning the experience of flying a first class WW1 simulator into the experience of playing Nintendo.

finished another mission will be uploading soon. strangest thing happened. Never knew June had 33 days.

finished another mission will be uploading soon. strangest thing happened. Never knew June had 33 days.

That was only changed after the war. :grin:

77Scout: Nothing beats labels and the TAC for turning the experience of flying a first class WW1 simulator into the experience of playing Nintendo.

Well, I wouldn't totally condemn the use of aids.

You could use them during the early learning phase; because of less good eyesight, or lower resolution.

Flying OFF (and staying with it) is a development, a learning process, in which you may sooner or later

come to switching all aids off and try to fly like in RL. But it's great the choice is offered.

I agree, that is one of the great things about OFF, it can be all things to all WWI combat flight simmers. I started out by using some of the aids myself to get the feel of the sim, then quickly moved away from using any to go for as much immersion as possible.

Good little vids Wood, keep posting Sir.

Cheers!

Lou