Sign in to follow this  
UK_Widowmaker

Can you upload OFF onto Steam?

Im just wondering about uploading OFF onto Steam (yes, I know what people think about Steam..and I agree..it sucks on many levels!)

However, with my format now complete..and OFF well and truly Gone (along with a fair bit of other stuff)...I have my Steam games on another drive...Have downloaded the steam client..and bobs ya uncle...all games work!

You can upload a non steam game too....just wondered if anyone has tried?

By uploading to Steam, do you mean running through (or associating with) Steam? You should be able to. I was running one of the Wings Over games and Vice City through it at one point. It just needs to know the location of the .exe, from there it adds it to your Steam library. It's usually not particular about what you add, so long as the game doesn't already appear in the Library list.

Wait...you can add NON-Steam games to your Steam library?

FC

Wait...you can add NON-Steam games to your Steam library?

FC

Yup :grin:

Thanks saywhat...I'll check that out

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

And could anyone tell me, what Steam is and does?

Maybe a better question is if I blow up my computer and want to use Steam on a new computer to get my games back, will NON-Steam games be restored as well (basically turning Steam into an online backup service)?

If so, that would be the MONEY!

FC

And could anyone tell me, what Steam is and does?

Steam is a distribution service for games run by Valve software (makers of Half Life) and is a form of DRM.

It works similar to Rise of Flight, in that if you are online, it verifies the game before you start it. HOWEVER, it does not have to be online...if you are offline, the game will still play normally (except for multiplayer games, obviously).

There are pros and cons for such a system as you can find discussed in other places. The main reason I like Steam is that my account is tied to me, not to a specific computer. So I can play a game on one computer, save my progress, then go to another computer to continue the game from that point, all seamlessly...very useful because I'm on the road a lot.

In addition, if you blow up your computer, any Steam games you have can be restored from online backup...simply reinstall the Steam client, login, and choose the games you want restored. Depending on the game, even your save points will be restored.

FC

Nope, 'fraid not FC. Steam only provides you access to downloading/redownloading of games you've bought through them already. Anything you associate with it (non Steam games), you'd have to reinstall separately and add to Steam. When I transfer all my gear to my new machine (when I get around to it), once I install Steam and log in, anything that's been registered to my account I'll have access to to reinstall again.

Thank you, Fast Cargo and Say What?!.

The moree we invest in Technology the further we go back... Whatever next the paddle wheel ???

post-4136-093074400 1295025079.jpg

Is this the Steam you are looking for ????

Probably not Slarti :grin: But I'll take a K4 over a piece of software any day of the week :good:

I wonder..if you upload to Steam..perhaps your pilots etc might be saved in case of a crash/format...hmm..will investigate further

Didn't someone create a little proggy, which saves your pilot data? Herr Prop-Wasche, perhaps?