Sign in to follow this  
ST0RM

Jailbreaking iTouch

Long story short, I acquired a used iTouch for dirt cheap. So now I'm only 2 years behind my kids in the technology department and can replace my 4 year old Nano.

Anyhow, I keep reading about Jailbreaking and have tried doing some reading on the pro and cons. But all of the replies I seem to read are from "pissed off at apple" iphone customers and can't get a really good answer.

So, by "jailbreaking" an iTouch, what do I stand to gain? What more can I get it to do? Will it now run some magical apps? Examples??

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

Jeff

Its not worth Jailbreaking an Ipod touch. Yes there are come cool apps for it however you wouldnt get the same benefits as I have with my Iphone 4. Bottom line its a good way for to mess your Ipod up.

I thought the ipod touch ran all the apps like the iphone and ipad? Hence it's nickname "iPad Nano"

I've jailbroken an iTouch, it's no big deal. Just follow the steps exactly.

And an iTouch as far as I can tell can run all the apps the comparable version of the iPhone can, except for those requiring the 'phone' parts.

Anyway, there are homebrew apps you can run on a jailbroken iTouch that cannot be run on a normal iTouch. I don't have it here in front of me, so I can't give you examples right off the bat.

Bottom line, it increases your options and gives Apple the finger, which I'm always looking to do.

FC

• Like 1

I thought you wouldn't have any fingers left to give Apple after having to sell them all to pay for their products... :tongue:

• Like 1