Sign in to follow this  
Teras

a couple of problems

hey guys

just got my copy of sf2 vietnam and europe and israel and strike fighters golden and i install feb2010's patch directly with some planes of my favorite so i've got problems that the effects doesn't showing up when missile or bomb punch their targets! and also chaff & flares doesnt show up i have tried many times to solve this but the result is -!

also i have installed wings over europe 2 instead & merged with her sisters so strike fighters doesn't work if its merged with the other babes and the same with israel the only one works is vietnam so i installed israel and europe as instead

here are some more questions

i've downloaded f-15 pack for sf2 and found that the f-15e or all f-15s are bad on maneuver ability same problem with f-14a and b but f-18s are very good!

so i headed to f-15e_data trying to make it just like f-18s by maneuver by playing with the control surfaces but thats doesn't work so what is the plan here? please help with this coz i really love f-15e

and also tried the same with f-14b but not work

and ef-2000 when i do a maneuver at mach 1.10 the plane broken also the same with f-18 but at mach 1.38 , any cure here?

last question : how to makes bullet remains visible till 15kms? its remains only for 1km in the game so any chance with this to increase the visible distance? and how?

thanks in advance

The F-15E handles just fine as you got to realize that the Strike Eagle wasn't designed to turn and burn like a Hornet or Super Hornet. As well as the F-14 as both the -15E and -14 are not light planes so consequently they handle as they do.

• Like 1

okay

but why effects doesn't show up?

hey guys

just got my copy of sf2 vietnam and europe and israel and strike fighters golden and i install feb2010's patch directly with some planes of my favorite so i've got problems that the effects doesn't showing up when missile or bomb punch their targets! and also chaff & flares doesnt show up i have tried many times to solve this but the result is -!

also i have installed wings over europe 2 instead & merged with her sisters so strike fighters doesn't work if its merged with the other babes and the same with israel the only one works is vietnam so i installed israel and europe as instead

here are some more questions

i've downloaded f-15 pack for sf2 and found that the f-15e or all f-15s are bad on maneuver ability same problem with f-14a and b but f-18s are very good!

so i headed to f-15e_data trying to make it just like f-18s by maneuver by playing with the control surfaces but thats doesn't work so what is the plan here? please help with this coz i really love f-15e

and also tried the same with f-14b but not work

and ef-2000 when i do a maneuver at mach 1.10 the plane broken also the same with f-18 but at mach 1.38 , any cure here?

last question : how to makes bullet remains visible till 15kms? its remains only for 1km in the game so any chance with this to increase the visible distance? and how?

thanks in advance

I'm not sure here what you are trying to do or what you are asking? It sounds like you are having problems merging and patching titles. What exactly are you installing, in what order, and what patch are you trying to apply? For example the SF2 Vietnam is not compatible with and connot be merged with Strike Fighters Gold. Also, the Feb 2010 patch is for the SF2 serieis only (not Wings Over XXXX or Strike Fighters Gold).

Correct order of installation of the SF2 Series games: (directly from the 3rdWire site -- linky ---> http://bbs.thirdwire.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6582

SF2

SF2:V

SF2:E

SF2:I

Exp 1

Exp 2

They will automatically merge with SF2; if you want seperate 'versions' of the others, you MUST run each ***.exe (sf2e.exe, for example), which will create, in essence 6 completly seperate game installs (ie: 'the mods folders')

You cannot merge 1stGens (SF/Wo*) with NextGen (SF2s) series games.

Please make sure you're using the right phraseolgy; it'll eliminate confusion!!!

why would you want a bullet visible for 15km??? Even arty shell don't 'live' that long in game (due to gun range issues). It can be changed, however, by editing the gun's data ini. But really isn't worth the effort involved. Can cause slow-downs in other items to be rendered.

wrench

kevin stein

I'm not sure here what you are trying to do or what you are asking? It sounds like you are having problems merging and patching titles. What exactly are you installing, in what order, and what patch are you trying to apply? For example the SF2 Vietnam is not compatible with and connot be merged with Strike Fighters Gold. Also, the Feb 2010 patch is for the SF2 serieis only (not Wings Over XXXX or Strike Fighters Gold).

i was saying that i've installed all of sf series in a one folder , means merged installation ( SF 2 , SF2:E , SF2:I , SF2:V ) and patch the whole folder with feb10! so i found that israel 2 and sf2 and europe 2 does not work so i re installed europe 2 and israel 2 each one instead and so on

but i think i had made a big mistake! as u said that the Feb 2010 is for the SF2 series ONLY!

i had installed Feb 2010 patch on SF2:E!

okay u answered most of my question and i have my last one

how to make bullet trace remains till 15kms?

Correct order of installation of the SF2 Series games: (directly from the 3rdWire site -- linky ---> http://bbs.thirdwire....php?f=9&t=6582

SF2

SF2:V

SF2:E

SF2:I

Exp 1

Exp 2

They will automatically merge with SF2; if you want seperate 'versions' of the others, you MUST run each ***.exe (sf2e.exe, for example), which will create, in essence 6 completly seperate game installs (ie: 'the mods folders')

You cannot merge 1stGens (SF/Wo*) with NextGen (SF2s) series games.

Please make sure you're using the right phraseolgy; it'll eliminate confusion!!!

why would you want a bullet visible for 15km??? Even arty shell don't 'live' that long in game (due to gun range issues). It can be changed, however, by editing the gun's data ini. But really isn't worth the effort involved. Can cause slow-downs in other items to be rendered.

wrench

kevin stein

hey wrench thank you my friend

well i am not merging the first gen with the modern one

okay i have the gun editor now but wich choice for making the bullet trace visible for 15km? there are a lot of options in the editor and also when i open the gun data there are many slots so please which one

man it will look very good for 7kms in the games just imaging it , the trace now remains only for 2 or 1 km and the guns start firing when thy see you but in the real life thy start firing randomly and this will give the game a nice look!

you're talking to the guy that lays out arty batteries in his sleep. I was the one that 'invented' working artillery, waaaaaaaaaaaay back around 2003!!

I'm not exactly sure how you change the 'life' of the projectile. Below is from the 13.5 in battleship gun:

[GunData001]

TypeName=13.5IN_MKV

FullName=Vickers 13.5" Mk V

Caliber=343.000000

ROF=2.000000

MuzzleVel=759.000000

AmmoWt=635.000000

WarheadWt=20.200001

Reliability=98.000000

Accuracy=90.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=4000.000000

FireColor=0.400000,0.360000,0.256000

GunFireEffect=ArtilleryFireEffect

GunFireSound=TankGun

EffectClassName=ArtilleryEffects

EffectTime=1.500000

TracerTexture=

TracerSize=0.000000

TracerDistFactor=0.000000

TracerLength=0.000000

MaxVisibleDist=0.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=0.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

you could try increasing the MaxVisibleDist and MaxStreakVisibleDist, but I really don't know if that'll work. Might be someting in the particlesystem ini that would need adjusting; I'm just not 'up' on that stuff. I do know the EffectTime would be the muzzle flash.

Again, it's something that, IMHO, it's worth messing with. Even then, you have to bring either the tubes or the targets within range of each other, either via terrains targets ini placement or it's movement ini; to bring attacking AFVs with range of the defending arty. And since arty is "fixed" (even SPGs), you have to bring the attackers TO the defenders,

either way, most arty only will reach about 1 tile's width (~5km), anything else is out of range (excepting rocket artillery ala BM-14-16s -which we do have as working. They go about 10-15km, but it's a rocket, not a shell, and has a built in guidence sytems -it's a cheat, but it works) The other thing would be surface-2-surface missiles (FROGs and SCUDs).

wrench

kevin stein

woooooha nice to meet you man ( respect to the officer .. respect ! respect ! ) its very nice to meet army mate

iraqi special operation forces - golden angle battalion ( you heard about it am sure ) and because of al qaeda we beng hate artys! ( you know the reasion )

okay am going to try this now on shilka guns with changing some matters in the code

saloute mate

Unfortunately, I'm not an ex-serviceman. Never got my opportunity to serve (for a lot of reasons). Just well edumacated on such things.

I was talking about terrain & object mods (my speciality). In fact, I was just working on your home town for the Iran/Iraq map rebuild. Was adding roads from Baghdad to Tikrit to Mosul and back to Kirkuk. :crazy: Tiling sucks!

I'll post some pics of batteries, so you get an idea of what they look like in game. (hopefully shooting)

wrench

kevin stein

Nothing like Highway 1... :good:

ohhh but its okay , you know military is very bad i wish i could quit now!! :heat:

by the way i could help with terrain i know so much about baghdad and tikrit and all of iraq :grin: and this will be great to fly from iraq and strike iran :rofl:

please show us a pictures i would realy like to see that

also i tried your code and nothing changed , i changed the range to 15000 kms for all of the AAA guns and changed the visible and attack range for zsu and zu and m-163 and now its look great i will post some shoots

but still confused how to expand the bullet's trace life to 9 kms or even 7 kms :boredom:

@Ericj

agine i solved the problem with the merged installation as mentioned in the above link proveded by wrench , i flowen yor e-18g nothing show up ( model - cockpit ... etc ) only the weapons

so any cure?

@Wrench I got a load of Iraq pics too (like a couple thousand of mine and some from others though mainly at ground level) if you need them.

@Profi I don't have a clue man as I run only SF2E and obviously I have no issues. But there should be no issue with merged installs in any case so I really don't know. How did you install it?

you're talking to the guy that lays out arty batteries in his sleep. I was the one that 'invented' working artillery, waaaaaaaaaaaay back around 2003!!

I'm not exactly sure how you change the 'life' of the projectile. Below is from the 13.5 in battleship gun:

[GunData001]

TypeName=13.5IN_MKV

FullName=Vickers 13.5" Mk V

Caliber=343.000000

ROF=2.000000

MuzzleVel=759.000000

AmmoWt=635.000000

WarheadWt=20.200001

Reliability=98.000000

Accuracy=90.000000

AddLight=TRUE

MaxLightRange=4000.000000

FireColor=0.400000,0.360000,0.256000

GunFireEffect=ArtilleryFireEffect

GunFireSound=TankGun

EffectClassName=ArtilleryEffects

EffectTime=1.500000

TracerTexture=

TracerSize=0.000000

TracerDistFactor=0.000000

TracerLength=0.000000

MaxVisibleDist=0.000000

MaxStreakVisibleDist=0.000000

TimeFuzed=FALSE

you could try increasing the MaxVisibleDist and MaxStreakVisibleDist, but I really don't know if that'll work. Might be someting in the particlesystem ini that would need adjusting; I'm just not 'up' on that stuff. I do know the EffectTime would be the muzzle flash.

Again, it's something that, IMHO, it's worth messing with. Even then, you have to bring either the tubes or the targets within range of each other, either via terrains targets ini placement or it's movement ini; to bring attacking AFVs with range of the defending arty. And since arty is "fixed" (even SPGs), you have to bring the attackers TO the defenders,

either way, most arty only will reach about 1 tile's width (~5km), anything else is out of range (excepting rocket artillery ala BM-14-16s -which we do have as working. They go about 10-15km, but it's a rocket, not a shell, and has a built in guidence sytems -it's a cheat, but it works) The other thing would be surface-2-surface missiles (FROGs and SCUDs).

wrench

kevin stein

Profi is asking about AAA, I believe. I think Wrench is talking about surface to surface artillery. So there may be some confusion there...

Profi - Off the top of my head, I can't say how to increase the visual range of the tracers. There could be lot's of factors at play, such as the HorizonDistance and EffectDetail settings in the game graphics options. Those are just guesses, though...

Regarding random firing - the AAA units in game will not do it. Period. But they do fire at other aircraft. And when there are other aircraft in your vicinity, you will see tracers from AAA firing at them.

There are add-ons at this sight (NatoFighters 4+, SF2V Exp Pack, SF2I 1948 mod) that add better AAA, tracer, and flak effects that may help you achieve the atmosphere you're looking for, without all the extra work on your end. These addons are in the SF2 campaigns download section. However, given that you are completely new to this game/sim, I would strongly recommend playing the stock game for a couple weeks and reading through the SF2 Knowledge Base before adding those. Otherwise you may have some troubles getting them to work.

i was saying that i've installed all of sf series in a one folder , means merged installation ( SF 2 , SF2:E , SF2:I , SF2:V ) and patch the whole folder with feb10! so i found that israel 2 and sf2 and europe 2 does not work so i re installed europe 2 and israel 2 each one instead and so on

but i think i had made a big mistake! as u said that the Feb 2010 is for the SF2 series ONLY!

i had installed Feb 2010 patch on SF2:E!

okay u answered most of my question and i have my last one

how to make bullet trace remains till 15kms?

Also, SF2:E is part of the SF2 series.

SF2 series:

SF2

SF2V

SF2E

SF2I

SF2 Exp Pack 1, Exp Pack 2

The SF series:

Strike Fighters Project 1/Gold

Wings Over Vietnam

Wings Over Europe

Wings Over Israel

@Profi I don't have a clue man as I run only SF2E and obviously I have no

issues. But there should be no issue with merged installs in any case so I

really don't know. How did you install it?

hmmm , maybe patch problem .it just work fine with SF2E instead , i'll try Dec9

Profi is asking about AAA, I believe. I think Wrench is talking about

surface to surface artillery. So there may be some confusion

there...

Profi - Off the top of my head, I can't say how to increase the

visual range of the tracers. There could be lot's of factors at play, such

as the HorizonDistance and EffectDetail settings in the game graphics

options. Those are just guesses, though...

Regarding random firing

- the AAA units in game will not do it. Period. But they do fire at

other aircraft. And when there are other aircraft in your vicinity, you

will see tracers from AAA firing at them.

There are add-ons at this sight

(NatoFighters 4+, SF2V Exp Pack, SF2I 1948 mod) that add better AAA, tracer, and

flak effects that may help you achieve the atmosphere you're looking for,

without all the extra work on your end. These addons are in the SF2

campaigns download section. However, given

that you are completely new to this game/sim, I would strongly recommend playing

the stock game for a couple weeks and reading through the SF2 Knowledge Base

before adding those. Otherwise you may have some troubles getting them to

work.

you right i was asking about AAA tracers , now when i increased the attacking range and set it on heavy air defense the game lagging it looks good but lagging and tracers still swiming on the ground!

am also have experince with sf sims but today i upgraded to sf2 and its a little bit diffrent just like u said " play the stock game for a couple weeks and reading through the SF2 Knowledge Base

before adding those "

anyway , thank you very much guys for the help

by the way , i modefied f-14b and it is just like the hornet now but the problem is when i do a turn or hard turn on mach 1.38 the plane crach or destroyed in the air and i dont no why

Also, SF2:E is part of the SF2 series.

SF2

series:

SF2

SF2V

SF2E

SF2I

SF2 Exp Pack 1, Exp Pack

The SF series:

Strike Fighters Project 1/Gold

Wings Over

Vietnam

Wings Over Europe

Wings Over

Israel

so SF2 is not gold?

so SF2 is not gold?

Correct.

SF Gold is a release of the original Strike Fighters and is compabible with the "WoX" games. I don't know what makes it "gold". It was before my time.

Strike Fighters 2 (SF2) is the first in the "second generation" of the series and is compatible with the titles I listed with it above.

hmmm , maybe patch problem .it just work fine with SF2E instead , i'll try Dec9

you right i was asking about AAA tracers , now when i increased the attacking range and set it on heavy air defense the game lagging it looks good but lagging and tracers still swiming on the ground!

am also have experince with sf sims but today i upgraded to sf2 and its a little bit diffrent just like u said " play the stock game for a couple weeks and reading through the SF2 Knowledge Base

before adding those "

anyway , thank you very much guys for the help

by the way , i modefied f-14b and it is just like the hornet now but the problem is when i do a turn or hard turn on mach 1.38 the plane crach or destroyed in the air and i dont no why

It's not SF2E or any game specific as it;s designed to work with ALL games as all the files are inclusive. Maybe because you put it in the SF2E folder you're getting the glitch :dntknw:

gotcha !!! fixed!

thanks guys and thank u malibu