Sign in to follow this  
SidDogg

...Underground runways?

.....that is BULL. :mad:

i shall find a waeh around this!!! :grandpa:

SidDogg

Welcome to my frakking world!!

What, you can't extract the bmp, and repaint it?

COMPLETLY extract the deset terrain cat, and you'll find all the textures needed to "fix" the issue. And, if you're cleaver enough, you can actually create NEW runways that are specificaly 90/270 (although, plotting the parking slots, taxi positions, landing and take-off positions, let alone all the structures, will be a nightmare beyond belief.) Hence, the reason we don't mess with those things, and just ignore the painted one compass heading. MUCH easier to just rotate the runway to the desired heading.

wrench

kevin stein

The blue ribbon at your screenshot, for me does it not look like a transistion tile problem. This problem appeared in the older patches when i made a 100% scale terrain. It was solved with an different setting some entries in the flightengine.ini

...does anyone know the keystroke to see the coordinates in-game?

:dntknw:

SidDogg

Okay. So I took runway files and compoiled them into a standalone GroundObject...

Threshold heading labels work when renamed to the mesh textures, thus creating a "independent" runway.

only thing is.....

how do I get rid of this?

When viewed from a long distance, it appears perfect.

But when up close... I get the whole "hash" thing.

Very promising, though.

Brainstorm, anyone?

SidDogg

You need to extract the HUDData.ini, place it in the /Flight folder.

Then, you need to edit the top section (this IS in the KB, btw, in my Tutorial on placing targets) thusly:

[Debug]

//DisplayDebug=FALSE

DisplayDebug=TRUE

----------------

you see the whole thing, because you're beyond the visual limit of things that sink

Flatten the airfield, that'll fix the unevenness of the ground

----

your airbase 'region' is far too large .. runways 1,5,6 only require 6 tiles (at most) Runway4 however .. another story. *(runways 2 & 3 can also get away with 6)

As you can see in the screenie, Shayka Mazar used 4 farm2airfield75 (corners) and 2 farm2airfield50 (sides) tiles. Rasheed uses 4 75s and 4 50s due to the RepGuard base to the south. Baghdad Int'l being a runway4, uses 4 airfiled tiles (****AB) in the center, and 4 75s at the corners, and 8 50s around the top/bottom/sides. It makes the 'clear zone slighter larger than it should, but these are terrain engine/tile limitation and cannot be worked around.

wrench

kevin stein

alright. i have debug, flattened the airfield...

the "unevenness" is actually a flicker("shimmer"?)...

i'll make the tile area smaller.

but the main issue is that the textures still "flicker"...

SidDogg

The flicker may be caused by a lack of Z Buffer offset. [whatever that is] In the types ini, the runway should have a line entry like this: ZBufferOffset=6.000000 Another possibility is the TFD data file wasn't updated when you added the new HFD file after leveling the airfield. Or, it's something else! Cheers.

baff::

Or, it's something else!

mmm .. SID are you running non-stock clip distances in your Flightengine.ini?

I always used to have flickering problems because my weirdo mods required radically ramped clip distances. I fixed that by painting airfields on tiles and did away with LODs (and nobody makes primitive hard-to-see "frontline" airfield LODs). But I just tried a stock LOD and, well, no more flickering. Maybe it was my old 9200 video card. I dunno.

--

WRENCH:: Something new (maybe) and major for me. In TE, have you noticed at high zoom levels, you can center the mouse cursor in the screen and press down on the scroll wheel, and a little arrow appears and you can do very fine scrolling navigation with mouse position? I always had problems in my larger maps (10,000km+) where at high zoom levels the scroll bar navigation was not suitable -- skips over too much terrain or the scroll control snaps back to its origin. Now this mouse nav works great even at the highest zoom on my largest maps. I am so happy. :lol: