Sign in to follow this  
MAKO69

Trouble w/addon planes in SF2 europe. Crazy security settings.

Hey everyone I have checked the knowledge base couldn't find this security catalog (CAT)file. The Objects and all other folders are locked is there a way to convert these?

Many thanks, later be safe all WKW.

MAKO,

What? Slow down and clarify...what exactly are you trying to do and which sim is it in?

FC

I know how to install aircraft etc. in the legacy wings over series, but the Strike Fighters 2 Europe does not have the folders that I am a custom to. All the object folders are locked w/some type of security (CAT) folders. Normally I would have my R2 unit crack the code, but he's at the local Astromech dealer getting worked on.

The CAT files in SF2 are similar to what were in the original SF series of games. I assume at some point you did extract files in the SF1 series.

Here is how to extract stuff from the CAT files in the SF2 series:

http://combatace.com/topic/44027-extracting-files-from-sf2-series-cat-files-by-migbuster/

And here is where you add mods now...do NOT put files in the StrikeFighters 2 directory!

http://combatace.com/topic/62302-what-is-the-mod-folder/

FC

I guess I am trying to say I want to import SF2 airplanes into SF2 and its not as simple as drag and drop.

Actually, it is better in that if you pooch something up, you don't have to reinstall SF2...you can just delete the mod folder.

FC

I want to import SF2 airplanes into SF2

???huh??? Aren't they already there???? Look in your mods folders, under Objects/Aircraft. I'll be you'll find them.

That's what merging is all about. If your run a merged install, REGARDLESS of which exe you're using (SF2.exe, SF2:V.exe, SF2:E.exe, SF2:I.exe), EVERY aircraft, groundoobject and terrain are available for selection from your in-game menus provided they are player flyable aircraft. Obviously, the bombers, transport, and all RedAir ain't.

and you'll need Gerwin's extractor to pull the cats apart with.

wrench

kevin stein

...its not as simple as drag and drop.

Oh yes it is!

Have you looked in users/saved games/thirdwire for the mod folders? There you should see SF2E/objects/aircraft etc. If not I think you can create them and drag/drop the aircraft folder.

Have you looked in users/saved games/thirdwire for the mod folders? There you should see SF2E/objects/aircraft etc. If not I think you can create them and drag/drop the aircraft folder.

Now I get it thanks for that insight the users thing was looking at that the other night didn't even occur to try that route, however were the frack do the sound, effects, decal etc. folders go?

Now I get it thanks for that insight the users thing was looking at that the other night didn't even occur to try that route, however were the frack do the sound, effects, decal etc. folders go?

Make the folders yourself. Then add the mods to them. Look at your old installs of the 1st gen then add the exact same folders.

Make the folders yourself. Then add the mods to them. Look at your old installs of the 1st gen then add the exact same folders.

RGR that

RGR that

One note though make sure your terrain folder is named "terrains" with an "s" at the end.

One note though make sure your terrain folder is named "terrains" with an "s" at the end.

OK on that message, up and running w/new addons many thanks all.