Sign in to follow this  
rjw

cfs3 vs Hat in the Ring

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this ?

what are the significant differences of running OFF on CFS3 vs Hat in he Ring?

I use CFS3 but have never used Hat in the Ring.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best Regards to all:blink:

Well OFF is a mod of CFS3 and Hat in the Ring is an addition to OFF so you need OFF to run HiTR... makes the already outstanding OFF even more so...

The BEST reason for getting HitR is aside from all the additional aircraft and all the other assorted goodies

You will now be allowed to ride your unflyable bird all the way down to the bottom and take your Dirt Nap . . . See Tips and Cheats #10 for the How - To

Instead of the mission just ending ( POOF ) the instant the manager defines your aircraft as unflyable

Doesnt seem to work for me...doesnt matter what I select...I get kicked straight out!

I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on this ?

what are the significant differences of running OFF on CFS3 vs Hat in he Ring?

I use CFS3 but have never used Hat in the Ring.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Best Regards to all:blink:

Would it be adviseable to wait until Phase IV of OFF is released before making a decision on purchaseing HITR?

Would it be adviseable to wait until Phase IV of OFF is released before making a decision on purchaseing HITR?

Phase 4 is still a long ways off. They Devs haven't even released a single video yet and the videos for Phase 3 started coming out many months before it's release. Furthermore, HitR is a Phase 3 add-on. It is highly unlikely to work with Phase 4 although I am certainly not the final authority on that. Come to think of it, I'm no authority on it at all...but it would seem unlikely since the Devs says Phase 4 will be an entirely new remake of OFF and will NOT simply be an upgrade.

If you are looking for an immersive, huge dynamic single player WWI campaign with a very large variety of planes to fly in, including scouts and two seaters, OFF Phase 3 is an absolute must buy.

Hellshade

Phase 4 is still a long ways off. They Devs haven't even released a single video yet and the videos for Phase 3 started coming out many months before it's release. Furthermore, HitR is a Phase 3 add-on. It is highly unlikely to work with Phase 4 although I am certainly not the final authority on that. Come to think of it, I'm no authority on it at all...but it would seem unlikely since the Devs says Phase 4 will be an entirely new remake of OFF and will NOT simply be an upgrade.

If you are looking for an immersive, huge dynamic single player WWI campaign with a very large variety of planes to fly in, including scouts and two seaters, OFF Phase 3 is an absolute must buy.

Hellshade

I'm already running OFF Phase 3 so I know what you mean. I'm just not sure if I want to add HITR or wait for Phase 4.

Thanks for all the insights.:bye:

I strongly advise you to get HitR. I did, wasn't disappointed. Best damn flight simming I've had since RB3D.

Doesnt seem to work for me...doesnt matter what I select...I get kicked straight out!

Did you tick the choice Auto-exit mission: off in "Workshops" ? It's on the left (lower half).

rjw, I'll try to make it clearer:

- the whole "Over Flanders Fields" is built on CFS3 as the basic engine (but looks lightyears beyond CFS3)

- Phase3 was called "Between Heaven and Hell" (BHaH)

- "Hat in the Ring" is an extension for BHaH - new planes and other stuff, improved AI etc.

- Phase4 will not need any older updates, patches or extensions - you would get it all in the new P4 package.

I don't know, how much you would like to fly the best WW1 air combat sim.

I have the feeling, that it might well be a year, until P4 will be completed (don't blame me, if it should be ready earlier).

With that feeling, and knowing my own LOVE for OFF, I would not find it better to wait.

I mean: it's only the cost of a few junk food meals plus Coke - and how much more and better would you get?

I say honestly: even if it was only for half a year - I could not wait for flying it.

CFS3: 10,- $

BHaH: 29.99 $

HitR: 19.99 $

(Service & Help; and the OFF forum: priceless!)

Total: 60,00 $

The definitely best 60,- Dollars I ever spent (followed closely by the money spent for TrackIR)

Oh, and in other sims you may have to spend 19,- $ for each new plane. So what are you waiting for?

Edited by Olham