Sign in to follow this  
ravenclaw_007

build in Chaff / Flare Dispenser

is there a way that i can limit the use of chaff /flare dispenser to a certain time period like in this case from 1983 onward , the way i try did not work :blink:

my idea was to give a staryear and the model-name to allow the dispencer to appear from 1983 onward and in the time befor 1983 not to show or funktion , any help or idea are welcome

i may add that i can not add them as weapons because i run out off weaponstations :grin:

[Flare]

SystemType=DECOY_DISPENSER

EjectPosition=-1.285,-3.206,-0.792

EjectVelocity=0.0,-10.0,-3.0

NumFlare=15

NumChaff=0

StartYear=1983

ModelName=ALQ-40_Left

[Chaff]

EjectPosition=1.285,-3.206,-0.792

NumChaff=30

NumFlare=0

StartYear=1983

ModelName=ALQ-40_Right

The only ways are to:

1) make them weapons with weapon stations. How did you run out of weapon stations? There is no limitation on weapons stations. There is a limit to how many weapon stations show up in the loadout menu. But, just make the new countermeasures weapon stations the last in the number sequence so that they don't show up. Then make the default loadout carry the countermeasure pods. That way they'll load on their own, but only when the weapon is available per its service years. Use stationspecificcode= entries to keep other countermeasure pods from being loaded.

or

2) make two versions of the same aircraft that cover the different service years.

Edited by malibu43

Actually, there is a limit on weapon stations.

RC, best way to limit their years is to make a new aircraft (something like F-4M_75, F-4M_79, etc)

FC

As far as I know, internal systems are not controlled by dates. Unlike external stores, they are hard coded into the aircraft's data.ini file.

If an aircraft starts out with no ECM, is upgraded to have some ECM, and is upgraded againe with even better ECM, the only way to model it correctly is to create three separate aircraft variants with the appropriate start/stop dates. Stock aircraft like the F-4 variants showcase this technique of reflecting avionics upgrades.

thanks for the reply , i just thought i can avoid to make to many different models since in this case is only a time period from 6 years from 1983 to 1989 , but so be it i will make 3versions of the S2B :heat:

Actually, there is a limit on weapon stations.

RC, best way to limit their years is to make a new aircraft (something like F-4M_75, F-4M_79, etc)

FC

OK. What I should have said was "Are you sure you're out of weapon stations? Because you can have A LOT!" :grin:

OK. What I should have said was "Are you sure you're out of weapon stations? Because you can have A LOT!" :grin:

Yea...you'd think 32 is a lot, unless you start constraining stuff...then you can run out in a hurry.

I ran into this the first time when I started off with just ini mods, giving the F-16XL realistic limitations in amounts and size of weapons that could be carried...hit the wall there!

More recently, I ran into the same limit on the Super Hornet getting into all the specific weapon types that required different rails.

The F-4 doesn't surprise me really, considering just in hardpoints alone, it has 13. You start constraining stuff and it goes up pretty quickly!

FC

the problem on the buccaneer is that she has for almost every weapon a own special pylon , so yes it is easy to run out of weaponstations but i can remove the sea-eagle pylons on the models before 1989 an i get 4 weaponstations and if i remove the early drop-tanks i even have 6 :grin:

is there a way that i can limit the use of chaff /flare dispenser to a certain time period like in this case from 1983 onward , the way i try did not work :blink:

my idea was to give a staryear and the model-name to allow the dispencer to appear from 1983 onward and in the time befor 1983 not to show or funktion , any help or idea are welcome

i may add that i can not add them as weapons because i run out off weaponstations :grin:

[Flare]

NumFlare=15

NumChaff=0

StartYear=1983

ModelName=ALQ-40_Left

[Chaff]

NumChaff=30

NumFlare=0

StartYear=1983

ModelName=ALQ-40_Right

[Flare]

NumFlare=15

NumChaff=0

StartYear=1983

ModelName=ALQ-40_Left

[Chaff]

NumChaff=30

NumFlare=0

StartYear=1983

ModelName=ALQ-40_Right

You don't need to create weapons stations to have flare and chaff dispensers. Just make entries in Fuselage section of data ini. Entries would look like this:

SystemName[018]=CMStation1

SystemName[019]=CMStation2

Then add specific dispenser info at end of weapons section:

[ChaffDispenser]

EjectPosition=-1.00,1.00,0.50

EjectVelocity=-5.00,0.00,10.00

NumChaff=40

NumFlare=40

look in data ini files of aircraft with chaff and flares and compare slightly different ways this info is entered.

You don't need to create weapons stations to have flare and chaff dispensers. Just make entries in Fuselage section of data ini. Entries would look like this:

look in data ini files of aircraft with chaff and flares and compare slightly different ways this info is entered.

excuse me , but did you realy understand what we are talking about :crazy: or what do you think where my entries from the data_ini come from :lol:

Edited by ravenclaw_007