Sign in to follow this  

I've got problem with my IL 2 1946. I can't display it on full resolution ( 1366 X 768 ), but only on 1024 X 768. I've win 7, my graphic card is ATI RADEON 4300 HD series. Can someone help me?

Edited by czarny900

IL2 is not designed for wide screen. Saying that, there are two work arounds:

1. The first is to set your monitor/video card to "stretch" so the game will use the whole screen. the down side of that is that the images will be stretched horizonally.

2. Use the "Wide Screen" IL2 Utility. This utility will allow your IL2 game to use the full screen and not stretch the image horizonally, but it does this by "chopping" the top and bottom off from your screen so everything stays in perspective.

As they say, "there is no free lunch" so you must pick what you are most comfortable with.

can you tell me how to do the first one please

Ok I dont mean to hijack, and I haven't searched the forum but how did you install it onto Win 7?

Ok I dont mean to hijack, and I haven't searched the forum but how did you install it onto Win 7?

Works without problems for me Stick. With Ultra Pack 2.1. 4.09m that is.

Hi there

As per stelr's quote at uniforum...

To get it to run at 1920 x 1200 in full screen on a 27" screen, without stretching go into the "conf" file and under the first set of settings "[Window]" change the "width" value to your desired setting. In this case that was 1920.

Then change the "height" setting to your desired value. In this case that was 1200.

Then ensure the "EnableResize" and SaveAspect" are both set to 0. I had to change one of them, but can't remember which.

Save changes and restart the game. When it launches, the splash screen will have the black lines on left and right, but when you go to the actual ingame screen you should get a full screen again at the resolution you selected.

If you ever open the "il2setup" file again, you settings will automatically go back to default, but you can go back and change them again in the "conf" file.

Hope this helps you...