Sign in to follow this  

Anyone

I would be greatful if someone can give me the 4-digit number to make the HUD color 'GREEN'

HUD color=x.x,x.x,x.x,x.x

Thanks

Hello Ace888,

All stock HUD tga's and most later add-on HUD files only need the gunsight tga files RGB layer repainted.

the RGB channel for the other tga's are clear, the game picks the color from the entry in the avionics ini file.

[HUD]

HUDColor=0.0,1.0,0.0,0.7

the first three values set the color, the fourth value is brightness or transparency.. dont remember ...

some basic color values are :

0.0,0.0,0.0 - black

0.0,0.0,1.0 - blue

0.0,1.0,0.0 - green

0.0,1.0,1.0 - cyan

1.0,0.0,0.0 - red

1.0,0.0,1.0 - magenta

1.0,1.0,0.0 - yellow

1.0,1.0,1.0 - white

examples:

http://combatace.com...post__p__381532

Best regards, Anyone

Edited by FrankD

can't find the link right now, but Deucse had an RGB to *whateveritis* converter on his old site. You plug in the RGB values (111,222,333,example), and it spit out the numbers TK uses for things like lights, HUDs, etc.

I'll look around my old bookmarks, and see if I can find it

wrench

kevin stein

Kevin and FranKD..

Thanks for the detail information. I might have phrase my question incorrectly?

The last 'number' is for brightness and transparency? So, I can make it to show GREEN in color on the HUD, not just the color for the HUD symbology, correct?

I want to make the HUD appear in GREEN color... If the last number does that then great? If not, does this mean I need to find the .tga file and try to make the file green in color just like making canopy glass in different colors?

Thanks again guys

Kevin and FranKD..

Thanks for the detail information. I might have phrase my question incorrectly?

The last 'number' is for brightness and transparency? So, I can make it to show GREEN in color on the HUD, not just the color for the HUD symbology, correct?

I want to make the HUD appear in GREEN color... If the last number does that then great? If not, does this mean I need to find the .tga file and try to make the file green in color just like making canopy glass in different colors?

Thanks again guys

That value will not change the colour of the glass, only the text.

To change the glass colour you would need to change the colour of the .tga that is assigned to the HUD glass.

It should be in the cockpit folder unless it's a stock texture. In this case you'd need to use the CAT extractor to find it.

Dels

Dels,

Thanks for the key information. The hunt is on!!! grin.gif Now, where is that file?

Dels,

NO GO?

I think I might not understood your post Del?

I am using the F-4E_2020 as my test:

I went to the cockpit folder. The only thing I see is the 'nodename' HUDglass. I do not see any .tga that is (assigned) to the HUD glass?

If anyone can further assist me that would be great.

HELP!

Thanks

open cockpit.lod with hexeditor, search "tga"....????

or, extract/open the various and sundry hud tgas (there's about 250 of them, for the various aircraft -those for each aircraft called out in their specific avionics inis)

wrench

kevin stein

Keven,

Thanks for the information. I have yet to use the hexeditor... so this should be interesting?

In regards to the cockpit.lod... I do not think sundowner had one place in the aircraft? I think I can only try to 'test' using a stock plan and see what happens?

What do you suggest?

Thanks again

Ace888,

when you are working with a 3rd party model and don't want to mess with the Zo... err the LOD I mean, you can open the .OUT file with the notepad or any other txt editor.

What about the F-4E_HUDGLASS.TGA file in the cockpit folder?

Edited by FrankD

kneel_before_zod.jpg?w=450&h=286

Zod???

Edited by Wrench

Got the hexeditor... blink.gif

Read the 'read me' Still could not understand how it work? looks like I might not be able to crack this thing?

You don't need a hex editor unless you're going to modify the file names/extensions in the .LOD. You can just open it with Notepad and select Edit>Find and type .tga.

Considering the model you're using, it's pretty likely it's going to be the F-4E_HUDGLASS.tga as mentioned by FrankD.

Dels

I already try that... no go on the green color.

I did HUDglas / HUD_glass / F-4E_HUDGLASS / etc. NONE of them show up as Green color on the HUD glass?

I even test each .tga by placing it on each of the following folders and test fly it separately: aircraft folder/ the cockpit folder/ the specific skin folder... NOTHING, always a clear HUD glass.

Unless, I am doing something wrong... my efforts so far is zero.

I know there is a way, I also know someone know how to do it; because I have seen it on other aircraft photos. I just cannot figure it out at this time?

Thanks guys

Which mod is actually having a green hud glass ace888?

Since F-4E_HUDGLASS.tga is a file contained in teh cat files, if you don't have it in your folders, I *think* that the engine will simply use the one from the cat.

By the way, are you using USAFMTL's F-4 2020 or the Alternative one by FANATIC MODDER?

I already try that... no go on the green color.

I did HUDglas / HUD_glass / F-4E_HUDGLASS / etc. NONE of them show up as Green color on the HUD glass?

I even test each .tga by placing it on each of the following folders and test fly it separately: aircraft folder/ the cockpit folder/ the specific skin folder... NOTHING, always a clear HUD glass.

Unless, I am doing something wrong... my efforts so far is zero.

I know there is a way, I also know someone know how to do it; because I have seen it on other aircraft photos. I just cannot figure it out at this time?

Thanks guys

Oh yeah, there's just one more thing. In the _COCKPIT.ini file there will be an entry for HUD Glass or something like that.

Get rid of this. For some reason it prevents the HUD texture from being shown. Not sure why.

As for the game using the stock .tga if it's in the CAT files. A file in the Aircraft/Cockpit folder will always override the stock textures.

Dels

Edited by Dels

Dels,

I did the following after your post:

As you indicated deleted the HUD entry under Cockpitseat001 (.cockpit.ini) and the HUD entry with HUDglass.

I re-did my green F-4E_HUDglass.tga and place in the following:

1. Place in the specific skin (using F-4E_2020 as test-bed) = no green HUD

2. Place in the cockpit folder (overwritten the original F-4E_HUDglas.tga) = no green HUD

3. Place in the aircraft folder = no green HUD

I even went to objectdata3, deleted the stock HUD entry in the .cockpit.ini and did the same 3 step on the stock F-4E_78 = no green HUD

Maybe it is just 'HUDglass'?

I do appreciate the effort Dels... so far no luck.

Well if you don't tell the sim that it's HUD glass then as far as it knows it's just another 3D object in the cockpit so it should show the texture correctly.

Try this:

Open the .LOD for the cockpit you're using in Notepad.

Select Edit>Find and type .tga

Cycle through all the entries until you find one that resembles HUD glass or something like that (it may not be the F-4E_HUDGLASS.tga as we suspected).

Once you've found it, modify it to whatever colour you want and make sure this file is in your Aircraft/Cockpit folder.

Then make sure you remove only the HUDGlass entry in the _COCKPIT.ini.

Hopefully that will work. I think the issue might be that you're using the wrong .tga.

Dels