Sign in to follow this  
Skyviper

This is sad

They have much in common.Unless you lived here and saw said problems you wouldn't have a clue.

as i said, those were not a problem 100 years ago, why ? Nix and Lex have already pointed that out ;)

If you look at the united states of america history, you discover that USA is purely based on immigration. Since the beginning. Any American dude can claim immigrant roots of not so long ago.

Immigration of all sorts. The fastest example i can think of is Kennedy, of Irish immigration.

Without immigration USA wouldn't be what it is today.

American history. Each wave of immigrants installed for two generations used to look down with contempt upon the following waves, that dirty dishonest European waste who plagued them, the true Americans. Bless these successive waves: without them, Americans would still eat bacon with corn and potatoes rather than hamburgers, pizzas, tacos and Asian cuisine.

Not all Americans descend from immigrants, alas. Most of dark-skinned Americans descend from tradable goods, and many have not forgotten.

Coming back to Mr Davidson's problems, it's just the usual petty revenge of mean dodger state employees against those who have risked their own lives for their rights. Typical. Bitter, anyway.

In France, the movie "Indigènes" (2006, "Days of Glory" in English) has enlightened the shame tied to the fact that for long, half of the Free French Forces who fought in Italy or Alsace were made of North African or Black African natives. They were not French citizens, and did not become afterwards. And as such, after their countries became independent, they received only a miserable part of the war pension any common veteran could claim.

American history. Each wave of immigrants installed for two generations used to look down with contempt upon the following waves

That may be but back in those days immigration was legal. There were jobs available. We're in a terrible economy and inflation in every state is double digit. In Arizona it's a bit higher.

I understand some of your people's attitude that they're coming for a better life. But the fact of the matter is that it is affecting the economy. For those of you who think that they're doing jobs no one else will do, think again. I grew up in construction and I am a contractor, I can afford to pay my employees a living wage. I only hire Americans. That's my right. I take less profit though, but someone has to stand strong and say f**k it, I'm not going to be part of the problem. Plus, I can sleep at night. The other thing you guys are missing is that not all are coming here to make a better life. Unless you're talking about a life of crime. Phoenix is #1 in the world for kidnappings. And 99% of those have to do with illegals being held for ransom. There are many different reasons, some being drugs but the facts are the facts. Then you have the Mexican military that has crossed our border numerous times, often holding people at gunpoint. And several times those people have been American. The Mexican military is involved with the cartels in drug smuggling, that's a fact. There are signs placed as far as 80 miles from our southern border, that were set there by the U.S. government saying it's not safe to travel in those zones. Let me ask you people something, how would you feel if your government ignored what's going on and didn't do one thing about your safety. The U.S. government is spying on it's citizens via the Patriot Act, saying it's to keep us safe but it's ignoring the war on the border. It's typical of our government and I'm fed up.

I live this every day. I live 140 miles from the border. That's how far the 6th largest city in the country is. And we're seeing more and more home invasions, kidnappings, shootings, robberies, etc. And when the perps are caught most of the time it's an illegal. We had 3 cops killed a couple years ago and the perps ran across the border. Mexico will not give those suspects back to Arizona cuz we have the death penalty here. Back during the construction boom, someone I know very well had several hundred illegals working for him. When the IRS would catch a stolen SS number, they never tried to catch the perp, they just requested from the employer another SS number. Now I know that doesn't seem like much to you but IRS will put you in jail for not paying your taxes. And that SS number belonged to someone. Ever try to prove something to a state governmental agency, much less the Fed?

And with all that I invite anyone to my country to live and to be a citizen, an American as long as you do it legally. If any of you here do that, I will do my best to meet with you and buy you lunch or dinner. My people on both sides of my family came over from Czechoslovakia. My grandmother wasn't allowed to speak Czech except inside the house. My great grandfather was proud to be a citizen and he wore it as a badge of honor. I understand how someone would want to come here and have a better life. The only way to do that and be accepted is legally. I can tell you that the majority of illegal aliens here have no ties to this country and do not care about the United States. They don't care about speaking the language and they use whatever resources our overburdened system has regarding health care and food stamps. And with all these Americans out of work I can tell you for a fact that being white male will get you zero help from local authorities. Two of my employees fought that battle. The system is racist (reversed) and it needs to stop. I remember on 9/11 there were two illegal aliens on my jobsite rattling away in spanish after work about how great it was that America was attacked. How did I know? 3 years of high school spanish. One of my employees saved the lives of those illegals cuz I went after them with my 4 D-cell maglite. I would have beat them down till I felt better. That story isn't an anomaly, I've heard the same types of stories from others that work in my industry.

So what do we do? I have a Sheriff in my county that will arrest illegals and deport them. He says he's enforcing federal law even though the Feds don't want him to. So I call his hotline. The only way to handle this situation is to clear 'em out. The thing that most of you don't realize about illegal aliens crossing our borders is that they're not all people looking for work. I have rancher friends down south. I was born and raised here so I know a lot of people. Arabic to Spanish dictionaries are found all the time. Ever wonder what some of these people might be doing in our country? I can tell you that when the next 9/11 happens law enforcement will find that they came across the border with Mexico. If that's not the best reason to police our borders I don't know what is.

Edited by Ruggbutt
  • Like 1

Mexico has degenerated into a failed narco state.Massive killings most bordertowns are lawless because the cartels have either bought or killed the police and it is spilling over into the USA.the other day they found 5 illegals near San fran in a stollen van with stollen goverment plate with the ocupents in Marine uniforms.They are finding more and more OTM(other than Mexican) illegals from China,Pakistan and other middle east countries not to mention the thousands of illegals used either willingly or unwillingly as drug mules.If the border was closed then these things would be lessend to a great degree.I feel that Anyone should be allowed to come here as long as they do it legaly,are not a criminal,and preference should be given to people who show they have the education,skills or personal resources to live and CONTRIBUTE to American life.Assimilation and learning the languge should be mandatory.It is not a right to come here but a priviledge to and the imigrants need to prove they are here to be Americans not just get handouts.For too long we have been the world welfare system we should be taking the best the world has to offer not the worst.Any race any creed any color any religion can enter, please just have a desire to be Americans and understand what that means.

• Like 1

Mexico has degenerated into a failed narco state.Massive killings most bordertowns are lawless because the cartels have either bought or killed the police and it is spilling over into the USA.the other day they found 5 illegals near San fran in a stollen van with stollen goverment plate with the ocupents in Marine uniforms.They are finding more and more OTM(other than Mexican) illegals from China,Pakistan and other middle east countries not to mention the thousands of illegals used either willingly or unwillingly as drug mules.If the border was closed then these things would be lessend to a great degree.I feel that Anyone should be allowed to come here as long as they do it legaly,are not a criminal,and preference should be given to people who show they have the education,skills or personal resources to live and CONTRIBUTE to American life.Assimilation and learning the languge should be mandatory.It is not a right to come here but a priviledge to and the imigrants need to prove they are here to be Americans not just get handouts.For too long we have been the world welfare system we should be taking the best the world has to offer not the worst.Any race any creed any color any religion can enter, please just have a desire to be Americans and understand what that means.

Excellent post,agree 100%. :good:

Any race any creed any color any religion can enter, please just have a desire to be Americans and understand what that means.

I wish it was the case.

I want to be an American but US immigration policy doesn't like me, because I'm white, English and self-employed.

I wish it was the case.

I want to be an American but US immigration policy doesn't like me, because I'm white, English and self-employed.

No. In my opinion immigration is just being lazy. The ONLY reason why they are giving you so much grief is because they can find you because you filled out paperwork. illigals don' t so immigration has no idea where they are and are too lazy to find them and get rid of them. Personally I'd rather people like you overstay your visa than some crook comming in and stealing your dream.

Hey Someone just emailed this to me.

SEE IF I GOT THIS RIGHT!!!

IF YOU CROSS THE NORTH KOREAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU GET 12 YEARS HARD LABOR.

IF YOU CROSS THE IRANIAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU ARE DETAINED INDEFINITELY.

IF YOU CROSS THE AFGHAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY, YOU GET SHOT.

IF YOU CROSS THE SAUDI ARABIAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE JAILED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CHINESE BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU MAY NEVER BE HEARD FROM AGAIN.

IF YOU CROSS THE VENEZUELAN BORDER

ILLEGALLY YOU WILL BE BRANDED A SPY AND YOUR FATE WILL BE SEALED.

IF YOU CROSS THE CUBAN BORDER ILLEGALLY

YOU WILL BE THROWN INTO POLITICAL PRISON TO ROT.

IF YOU CROSS THE U.S. BORDER ILLEGALLY YOU GET !!!

A JOB, A DRIVERS LICENSE, SOCIAL SECURITY CARD, WELFARE,

FOOD STAMPS, CREDIT CARDS, SUBSIDIZED RENT OR A LOAN TO BUY A HOUSE,

FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTH CARE, A LOBBYIST IN WASHINGTON

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS WORTH OF PUBLIC DOCUMENTS PRINTED IN YOUR

LANGUAGE

THE RIGHT TO CARRY YOUR COUNTRY'S FLAG WHILE YOU PROTEST

THAT YOU DON'T GET

ENOUGH RESPECT AND,IN MANY INSTANCES, YOU CAN VOTE.

I JUST WANTED TO MAKE SURE I HAD A FIRM GRASP ON THE SITUATION !!!

Y'know, I've spent a lot of years in Central America. Was in San Salvador when the city was besieged by the rebel army during that country's civil war, and've seen firsthand the effects the drug trade and the gangs have had on the region in recent years. Not all Central/Latin America is alike, you have to remember that. Costa Rica is stable and prosperous as all hell, there's countries in South America that are doing a lot better than we are economically. The countries that aren't well off the people naturally want to gtfo out of because they have no future there and there are no opportunities beyond living your life in the most f'd up way possible, working until you drop.

That said, it really isn't our problem. I don't mean that callously. We have so many problems right here, right now we're hardly the "land of opportunity" with this economic crisis we're in.

The people in those countries need to pick themselves up and make their countries the kinds of places they want to live in. Easier said than done, absolutely. Time consuming, absolutely. But leaving isn't the solution. Some of them are getting better doing that little by little, I know El Salvador has been industrializing and economically expanding like hell since its civil war, which is impressive. But others (coughMexicocough) are just getting worse, despite being very wealthy in some cases (coughMexicocough).

We have some share of the blame though. The U.S. economy benefits from illegal immigrant labor, they do menial lower than minimum wage jobs (particularly in agriculture) and companies love them for it. It's not that Americans aren't "willing" to work those jobs, I'm sure plenty are, it's that to hire an American the employer would have to pay minimum wage and take on a huge (and almost always crippling) operating expense. This is a huge problem, and realistically it's the reason we refuse shut down the border altogether. I'm brainstorming a solution to this right now as part of my research actually. Nothing yet heat.gif

Also, all those damn drugs come here because people here buy them. This is the freaking market for that crap. That annoys me, but it's not going to stop anytime soon unless we just legalize the damn things and be done with it.

Illegal immigrants annoy me to no end, since I see it from both sides. It's just one big economic mess for both us in the U.S. and the countries they leave from. Not to mention they're breaking the law to be here. Legal immigration fine, regulated work permits fine, undocumented labor force not fine, big drain on the economy of the entire hemisphere.

Edited by Javito1986