Sign in to follow this  
Adger

phase 3 or wait for 4?

Hi guys hoping for a bit of advice,ive been wondering for a few days wether or not to purchase,off phase 3,ive got phase 2,and was wondering if there was substantial

differences between the two,ive also noticed phase 4 is in development,would it be worth waiting for that instead,i live in the united kingdom,so i can pick up phase 3

for about £23 ,do you know off many shipments to the uk,and roughly average waiting time for delivery,thanks to anyone out there who can help me,great forum ,by

the way,many many thanks

Welcome to the OFF Forum, Adger!

This question comes up again and again here, and it cannot be answered, as no one of us is in your skin.

If you would desperately love to fly very immersive WW1 air combat campaigns, like most of us here do,

then you wouldn't want to wait for P4, which may well be a year of waiting still.

When you are very poor, 23 Pound are a lot of money.

All I can say is: if I didn't have OFF P3 already, and I knew how good it was - I couldn't wait any longer.

It is very different to P2 - much more realistic, and at full reality settings, a lot harder to survive.

Your decision.

PS: if you like, send me a PM with your town and country - I'll add you to our OFF Forum Pilots maps then.

Edited by Olham

Thanks olham,much apprieciated for your quick feedback,do you believe that phase 4 is still at least 12 months away?

i am seriously considering getting OFF P3,by the way i live in stoke on trent,staffordshire,england

thanks once again

If you keep waiting for P4, you might just as well wait for P5, and so on. I'd advise you to get P3 now and enjoy it until P4 comes. P3 is currently the best WW1 flight sim available. You won't regret buying it. I never played P2, but I understand P3 is much improved. :cool:

thanks Hasse Wind your absolutely right,is there anywhere ,where i could maybe pick OFF p3 up 2nd hand,just to try and save a bit of money?

Never hear of anyone offering his OFF for sale. Never.

ok thanks very much olham,ive had nosy at amazon.co.uk and amazon.com and nothing there,but thank you anyway

As Olham has mentioned, no one ever gets rid of their OFF disc. that has to tell you something right there about how much we all love this sim. Welcome to the OFF forums Adger, new lads buy the drinks!

:drinks:

Cheers!

Lou

As Olham has mentioned, no one ever gets rid of their OFF disc.

Just a quick warning though. I have heard rumours that the OFF disc contains very powerful and mysterious properties that may get rid of your wife.

Cheers,

Parky

Edited by Parky

Oh indeed Parky. That disc can make the real world disappear entirely at times.

I want a new drug

One that won't spill

One that don't cost too much

Or come in a pill

I want a new drug

One that won't hurt my head

One that won't make my mouth too dry

Or make my eyes too red

One that won't make me nervous

Wondering what to do

One that makes me feel like I'm in the lofty blue

And flying OFF with you

Flying OFF with you, baby

:grin:

(apologies to HLATN fans everywhere)

Cheers Raf_Louvert and Parky ha ha :no: i could do with something to get rid of the wife ,might be a cheap purchase after all

i wonder if nod,sandbagger,or polovski could help in getting me to buy a copy in the uk ive noticed on the forum map,that they are developers and appear to be residing in the united kingdom

any info would be much apprieciated guys,by the way my turn to get the drinks in :drinks:

Edited by Adger1971

Adger, the red names in the UK are devs of OFF, but they don't do any of the merchandising.

They have put that in the hands of AVANGATE. There is only this one way to order.

http://overflandersfields.com/Buy.htm

To the UK I think it would take 14 - 20 days. A time everyone has to suffer through.

Or you read UncleAl's useful "Tips & Cheats" in the sticky thread "OFF General Help" above.