Cuba

This is a Terrain of Cuba and Caribbean Sea for a fictional conflict with USAF , RAF , Mexico , Honduras and Bahamas - VS - Cuba and Nicaragua .

Sice 1000x1000 .

INSTALATION:

Copy/paste the folder of Cuba in to Terrain folder.

Only tested in WOE , work wiht GermanyCE.Cat

[Terrain]

TerrainFullName=Cuba

CatFile=..\GermanyCE\GermanyCE.cat

DataFile=Cuba_data.INI

TargetFile=Cuba_targets.INI

TargetTypeFile=Cuba_types.INI

MovementFile=Cuba_movement.ini

NationsFile=Cuba_nations.INI

BriefingText=Cuba_briefing.INI

DogfightFile=Cuba_dogfight.INI

DogfightOnly=FALSE

Happy hunting.

Tonix 2011.

De nada , espero que este tenga menos problemas , le he mirado un poco mas , a ver si termino uno de España en guerra contra Marruecos y Argelia , jejeje.:drinks:

you mean this?

• Dislike 1

Yes Wrench , but I like with Iberian peninsule complete.

considering the map is/was for TORCH .... Spain is just there so Gibralter can have a place to be :grin:

btw, the VietnamSEA tiles would have been MUCH better for use on the Carribiean/Central America region ... (that's what I'm using on the Central America map. Not perfect, but a lot closer than european/germany)

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 1

Ok , you can change the Cuba .HDF , you have my permission . With Vietnam tiles I have many problems , all this is new for me :suicide:

Well, I have done an experiment to apply the mod "formosa" by Stary. If someone wants to leave here to try the new datafile. You have to copy the entire contents of the mod folder inside the folder of Cuba. I recommend small trees.

My intention is to change the tiles and textures of the trees to give a different look. Site will not change houses or trees. I would also like retile the Havana area and create the bay. If anyone else wants to work on it would be good to be coordinated.

ooops! Sorry, where I can attach the datafile ?????

Well, I have done an experiment to apply the mod "formosa" by Stary. If someone wants to leave here to try the new datafile. You have to copy the entire contents of the mod folder inside the folder of Cuba. I recommend small trees.

My intention is to change the tiles and textures of the trees to give a different look. Site will not change houses or trees. I would also like retile the Havana area and create the bay. If anyone else wants to work on it would be good to be coordinated.

ooops! Sorry, where I can attach the datafile ?????

Que pasa Maurice que solo lo puedo modificar yo? . No podeis subir otro CubaV1.0 o algo asi?:good:

the OTC map rebuild is over 2/3rds completed ... why not just wait for that one?

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 1

OTC rebuild!!! Great news, my friend!:clapping:

Well, actually not bad that there are different versions of a zone. Now I think there are five terrains for Europe in the Cold War ... That means you can choose.

For us it allows us to work together and learn new things, not a bad plan!

For us it allows us to work together and learn new things, not a bad plan!

Always the best idea!!

wrench

kevin stein

both Formosa tileset and "old" Cuba one (by Deuces Himself!) have their appropriate .TODs complete :wink:

I was looking at aerial and satellite images today and indeed, indeed Formosa tileset could possibly be utilised with small "tweaks" (meaning whole lot of textures repaints and adjustments in my own internal language)

I retiled it with SEA tiles. Looks better (I think) because the jungle can come up to the sea.

I also, made it 800 square KM, by getting rid of Cancun and the South part of the map.

Pics are in the members gallery.

Tonix,

Just thought I would add, that this terrain is excellent.

I have been flying in it, since I retiled it, just making sure nothing is in the water, and the coast-lines are outstanding, with nice mountains coming right up to a perfect shore.

In my configuration, the map is really 800 square miles, but me thinks the game counts that as 800 KM. (I think, hehe). This means Cuba has 4 air bases, the US 1 base, and the Brits 2 bases. That is nice.

This makes a great dogfighting terrain, and I have already had some great combat.

Thanks again.

I was thinking of using one of the Cuba terrains to do a "Cuba Libre" concept with half the island occupied by Communist Cuba and the other half by a new Democratic Cuba. No other countries involved. Thought it would be a fun place to run some "Third Worldish" aircraft and missions. No time though and too many other things on the go so maybe by mentioning it I can get someone else interested?