Sign in to follow this  
Hellshade

IL-2: Cliffs of Dover - Tank Battle

For a flight sim, this is some very impressive ground footage. If they ever get the stuttering and FPS issues resolved, I may just have to pick this title up.

Hellshade

Here is another one featuring some impressive aerial footage as well:

Edited by elephant

That's really great stuff. The potential for this engine kills me. If only the creators would allow modding... grah! I'd love to see a big community build up around the CoD engine and go to work on it a few years. Wonders would be the inevitable result.

When they show every single nut popping out of a breaking up wing, it's no wonder it eats fraps.

But it sure looks great, no question.

When they show every single nut popping out of a breaking up wing, it's no wonder it eats fraps.

But it sure looks great, no question.

I was having a dogfight the other day in a Spitfire, when I got bounced by another 109 - which blew the cowling off the top of my engine - on the inside in red letters you could read 'Rolls Royce' on the side of the Merlin Engine! :lol:

Well, seriously - it DOES look great, and I love such detail. But then I need the rig to perform it.

I will soon have the CPU and mobo for it. But then I may also need a NVidea 560, or even 590?

They seriously need to iron out the stuttering issues though

Here's a short gun camera video I've put together of some sorties over occupied France:

Is there a demo? I just checked Steam thinking there would be one but found nothing, and what's more apparently it won't even be available on Steam for another month.

They will probably need that month to hammer out some patches to make it fly right anyways. I like what I see, but until they can get smooth gameplay with a bunch of planes in the sky I just can't see forking over the cash for it yet.

Hellshade

Is this a cut scene setting the stage? I mean, tanks overrunning airfields isn't in the actual BoB script and from what I understand, the outcome of the battle won't change in the campaign.

Edited by Bullethead