Sign in to follow this  
dtmdragon

problem uploading images to forum posts

When I try to post an image in a forum other than the files/downloads section the upload fails and the upload icon has the following message next to it "Used 4.72MB of your 3MB global upload quota (Max. single file size: 1000MB)" The only things I have uploaded are mods with screen shots in the files section. However I can still do this no problem... How do I upload an image to a forum post?

Thanks,

dan

Edited by dtmdragon

Yeah .... This is a tough one.

One of the most expensive things we do around here is physical disk space to house all the content, images, files, backups, etc, etc. That said when the forum was originally set up we put limits on the amount of content users could upload. This was done merely for scaling purposes. Imagine 10,000 users all using 3MB of space and you can see quickly that we'd need to amass machines filled with nothing but physical disk space just to store member content. Now the problem has been outlined let's look at the solutions.

1. Put images in the gallery where there are no restrictions on file space, then link those images into your posts.

2. Remove some of the non-used or older upload content associated with your account by viewing this link. http://combatace.com/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=attachments

3. Upgrade your account to a subscription account which will raise the limits on your storage space.

4. As your member status upgrades through the ranks (NEW, VALUED, JUNIOR, etc) so will your storage space. We did take into account that the members who have been here longer and have more posts need more storage space.

That's all I have for now. Hopefully one of those will work for you.

Thanks.

Erik

Sorry. I should know the answer to this, but I don't.

I just tried using the member gallery for the first time, and, while I was able to upload my image there, I can't figure out how to properly link it to a forum post. Normally, with photobucket, I copy the "" link it offers and paste that into my post. There is no such link in the CA gallery (that I can find), and posting the URL and other links that are offered when I click "share" just puts the link in my post, but doesn't display the image.

What exactly do I need to do to get my gallery image to display in the thread/post?

Thanks!

On any image page there is a link located top right called "Share Image". If you click that it will produce a drop down menu with links at the bottom. You can use the direct link by copying it and then selecting the image/photo insert button while posting, that is where you'd put that link from the gallery.

Example:

gallery_32885_43_96547.jpg

I don't think it's you ... I think it's a permissions issue. I'll have to dig into this but in the meantime can you create an album as a test and try uploading to it? If the answer is yes then I'll at least have a starting point. Thanks.

I don't think it's you ... I think it's a permissions issue. I'll have to dig into this but in the meantime can you create an album as a test and try uploading to it? If the answer is yes then I'll at least have a starting point. Thanks.

Erik,

I was able to create a new album ( http://combatace.com/gallery/album/689-test/ ) and upload one image to it.

I then exited and went back to my gallery. If I go to upload -> selelct album, it doesn't show either of my albums (including the test album) under "My Albums". It does let me select and upload to the albums listed on the right. Also, if I select and view the album, there is no option to upload any images.

I hope this helps.

Can we give it another try? I changed the settings on the member albums.