Sign in to follow this  
Gepard

need an oil rig platform for Persian Gulf terrain

I had no info on the rig size so it was scaled to aircraft I had of proper size...and such.

The 3d model is available if someone wants to do damage lods etc.

ok these 3 sets of containers are target 1 2 and 3...do I make them as seperate lods placed via ini within the rig model...or can I have them as targets within the lod of the whole rig model.?...

targets.jpg

this multiple target format is a great idea, there has got to be a way to make this work, I remember yap2 had bridges with vehicles and other objects loaded on them as "weapons"

Some of the newly released ships (they are groundobjects), have various parts that can be destroyed individually. Perhaps the Rig could be designed as a groundobject instead of terrain object. (Check WBS's Littoral Combat Ship-1 mod for SF2, to see it in action)

And Michael, have you got the platform working????

I´m very interested in that Project!

Its on a good way now. But i still have to overcome some problems.

The usual 2 weeks :grin:

Some of the newly released ships (they are groundobjects), have various parts that can be destroyed individually. Perhaps the Rig could be designed as a groundobject instead of terrain object. (Check WBS's Littoral Combat Ship-1 mod for SF2, to see it in action)

Thats a great idea, and besides the increased destroy-ability function,as a ground object it would bean excellent resource for mission builders.