Sign in to follow this  

Can anyone who is familiar with 3DS help me out? I'm using Max version 8.

I'm building a model for First Eagles and I'm having a hard time getting the animations to work in the game. I've tried using AutoKey and SetKey to make the keyframes. I've assigned the TCB controller. I've tried setting the keyframes from within the controller. I've tried both editable mesh and ediatble polys. I have the correct exporter plugin. The plane actually works in the game, but I can't get the animations to show up.

Should I be able to see the animation ID in the .OUT file?

I have tried every combination I can think of. What have I overlooked?

Stephen1918

(Sorry, this may be in the wrong place. How do I unpost, or move to the correct folder?)

Edited by Stephen1918

first of all,remember that each animation starts from number "01" to "00".for example, if u have animated a piece in first animation, use keys from 01 to 10, for animation 2 keys from 11 to 20, ecc.check wll the animations assigned between the model and the ini file

second, in modelling with 3d studio max ,before making the hierarchy between the model parts, assure yourself of having reset the Xform in every single piece.then that all the pieces have their pivots orientated as they ought to, in world coordinates.then, put the pivots in the right place and re-connect the hierarchy.

select the object that should be animated, click the side of the hierarchy, where it readsmotion, click assign controller and see if the rotation, scale and position is in TCB.

if not, change then to TCB (ex: position: TCB position)

first of all,remember that each animation starts from number "01" to "00".for example, if u have animated a piece in first animation, use keys from 01 to 10, for animation 2 keys from 11 to 20, ecc.check wll the animations assigned between the model and the ini file

second, in modelling with 3d studio max ,before making the hierarchy between the model parts, assure yourself of having reset the Xform in every single piece.then that all the pieces have their pivots orientated as they ought to, in world coordinates.then, put the pivots in the right place and re-connect the hierarchy.

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have the frame numbers correct, and I've rest all the Xforms. When you make an animation, does it show up in the .OUT file?

select the object that should be animated, click the side of the hierarchy, where it readsmotion, click assign controller and see if the rotation, scale and position is in TCB.

if not, change then to TCB (ex: position: TCB position)

Thanks for the quick reply. Yes, I have assigned the TCB controller to all three motions, even though I'm only using the rotation.

send me max file and can check for you

Thanks, I got it. I was setting the rotations in Local instead of in View. That seemed to make the difference. And the the animation IDs do not show up in the .OUT file, but they still seem to be there.

Thanks for everyone's responses.

Stephen 1918

Topic Moved to the Correct Forum ™

PLEEASE don't post in the Knowledge Base!!

thank you!!!

(and hope to see the aircraft you're working in soon!)

wrench

kevin stein

• Dislike 1