Sign in to follow this  

I just wanted to point out, a chap who, I sometimes feel, doesn't always get the praise he deserves in the WW1 flightsim community.

He's a chap (who I don't know personally) who often comments favourably about other Sims. and yet..he took a very bland simulator (screaming demons over Europe) and transformed it into a very good WW1 simulator, for us all to enjoy...before the likes of ROF, First Eagles...and indeed our Glorious OFF.

Without people like him, and the OBD guys....the WW1 sims world, would be at best bland.

So, I raise my glass to you ArgonV...for all the great work you have done, and hope to continue to enjoy your art, for many years to come! :drinks:

Edited by UK_Widowmaker

ArgonV took the time to help me out with advice on how to overclock my PC.

Top gadge! :drinks:

ArgonV has the patience of Buddha and is a huge asset to the WWI flight-sim world, I cannot say enough good things about the help he's given me, and helping import my models to FS-WWI over the past two years.

Jason, if you're reading this, this round is on me mate. :drinks:Cheers!

P.S....and for those of you scratching your head and wondering, Who is this ArgonV? Here's his downlaods website for the entire WWI part of SDOE, complete with patches, skins and updates. FS-WWI Plane Pack information

Edited by Lewie

I enjoyed the SDOE WW1 mod he made very much and he is always well spoken all over the place so I'll drink to him too :) :drinks:

Hello gents!

Thank you very very much for the kind words. I was alerted about this post over the weekend, but I was away on vacation for my wife and my birthdays. My iPhone won't allow me to log in!

This post was a great birthday present! I only wish I could of done more for the WWI simming community sooner. I'm really glad the likes of OFF, First Eagles and Rise of Flight have come to be. Before, it was just RB3d and a sad WWI mod for CFS2... And of course FS-WWI. I've had a ton of help over the years with FS-WWI, without which it would not be what it is today.

This might motivate me to get my butt in gear to crank out polishing up Lewis's pre-WWI kites! :cool:

Edited by ArgonV

Didn't notice it was your birthday ArgonV..or I would have mentioned it...hope you had a good 'un?

Looking forward to any/all future developments :drinks:

Hello gents!

Thank you very very much for the kind words. I was alerted about this post over the weekend, but I was away on vacation for my wife and my birthdays. My iPhone won't allow me to log in!

This post was a great birthday present! I only wish I could of done more for the WWI simming community sooner. I'm really glad the likes of OFF, First Eagles and Rise of Flight have come to be. Before, it was just RB3d and a sad WWI mod for CFS2... And of course FS-WWI. I've had a ton of help over the years with FS-WWI, without which it would not be what it is today.

This might motivate me to get my butt in gear to crank out polishing up Lewis's pre-WWI kites! :cool:

I'm going through the lods on some of my shadow models to straighten out the f0 register. I can appreciate what work you've done with the models I've sent. You know, there's gotta be a basic command line text modifier that can do batches of letter conversions per row in .txt.

It was good UK_Widowmaker, thanks!

Lewis, I saw your post at OPS. Lets hope! As it is I use the Find and Replace for a string of text in Notepad...

It was good UK_Widowmaker, thanks!

Lewis, I saw your post at OPS. Lets hope! As it is I use the Find and Replace for a string of text in Notepad...

Yeah that works OK if all the numbers match in the row.

Belated happy birthday ArgonV - loved your work on FSOE, and pleased to have met you..

Thanks a lot gents!