Sign in to follow this  
Olham

Don't panik! (And don't forget your towel)

This is a guide to the ATI Catalyst Control Center for all those who never touched graphic settings.

I hope someone with a NVidea card and the knowledge will join in here.

Since there may be many simmers, who do not really know how and where to improve their graphics,

I have made a screenshot from the Catalyst Control Center, which I call CCC in the following.

I'll say a little bit to it, and invite the more experienced simmers here to make their contributions.

You get to the CCC by right-clicking on your desktop.

In the menue popping up, you select "Catalyst Control Center".

There, you select "Gaming" or if you have an older install, "3D Application Settings".

Then you should see this:

You could now start with the first slider - Anti-Aliasing - and try the highest setting: 8x

Move the others to the left, or if you know your card is better, to medium settings.

You can now check ingame, what fraps (frames per second) you get,

and as long as it all runs smooth and fine, you can now move the sliders further to the right;

perhaps step by step, with testing inbetween.

To get the higher quality, you do not check the tick-boxes "Use application settings".

If they are not ticked/checked, the CCC will take over the control of such graphic refinements.

Don't panik - you cannot destroy your card or computer - it is just a setup for maximising quality -

or for reducing it, to get better fraps.

I wish you all better graphics and more fun!

Edited by Olham

Well done Olham - thanks for this. I'm going to mess with my card (ATI 6850) a bit and see if I can get some sharper graphics :good:

I've got a couple screenshots of the NVidia control Panel available from either the Desktop right click settings or from 'Programs' in Start

First image is the opening window for the global settings, which has a slider for 'performance' or 'quality' of all the 3D applications and games on my computer. Since my monitor is a relic and runs a relatively small 4:3 aspect ratio window, I have set the slider to quality to optimize my games. You can open another window that manages individual game custom settings, to take advantage of the various level of detail.

I have 3 different CFS3 installations and have set each one according to performance and quality of the appearance. You can access these settings by selecting the drop down box under the tab, ' Program Settings> 1. Select a program to customize:'

post-65486-0-51752700-1308939113.jpg

post-65486-0-83691500-1308939125.jpg