Sign in to follow this  
Wayfarer

HitR Reinstallation Oddity

After my hard drive died two weeks ago, I have fitted a new hard drive and reinstalled OFF BHAH. I patched and configured it, and ran it. It appeared to work fine in all aspects that I could think of. I then installed HitR - from my saved version, and patched it. Now, in Campaign, when I go to the breifing screen, there are no boxes visible to set the fuel and ammunition levels. Also, by general clicking around, I found that clicking airstart resulted in a change of mission - although it might always have done that as I never used air start before.

I have the latest drivers for the graphics and sound cards installed.

I have OFF Manager running as administrator, and CFS3.exe running as administrator and under XP SP2 (the OS is VISTA 64)

I don't have CFS3 loaded, which I did have before the hard drive died.

Is there anything I can try apart from a reinstall?

If it comes to that, can HitR be 'removed' and the reinstalled by itself, or should I remove OFF completely and start again from installing BHAH.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Dunno about the airstart mission swap, but IIRC HitR gives you either the BH&H ability to choose fuel * ammo load, OR the ability to select a unique player skin, but not both, and it's the latter by default; dunno how you choose the variable loadout instead. I did a vanilla HitR install and I don't have the loadout option.

Dunno about the airstart mission swap, but IIRC HitR gives you either the BH&H ability to choose fuel * ammo load, OR the ability to select a unique player skin, but not both, and it's the latter by default; dunno how you choose the variable loadout instead. I did a vanilla HitR install and I don't have the loadout option.

LIMA, thanks - that gave me the clue I needed! It is an option button in the Workshop. I had got so wrapped up in configuring and graphics settings I didn't look for anything that simple.

Edited by Wayfarer