Sign in to follow this  
Javito1986

Engine Manual Start

I see many Barmy Offers use 'E'?

Cmon thats far too sane!

:no:

WM

But when you trying to use it in the middle of a dogfight while flying inverted and shooting at a pesky Albatross... I don't consider that too barmy... though would be nice if we where doing so inverted whilst flying under a bridge with said mentioned Alb out in front... by the way I got the kill though the chat I had with the tree's afterwards wasn't too good... :heat:

I almost never fly without a cup of tea in my left hand while flying with my right hand. If I see e/a the cups goes down though.I only had to manual restart my engine once during combat, paused, then hit F2 to figure out how to do it and I got that crate going again.

Edited by Shiloh

The Mercedes engine never needs to get started again in mid-air.

It keeps running even with throttle on "zero"; and if it stops, it's broken so badly,

that you can't restart it, or the petrol tank is completely dry.

Quite different on the BE2c - I was quite confused, when I tried to start the engine, and it wouldn't work,

until I realised I had to give it at least 1/3 of throttle.

This is actually getting more interesting, since I learnt to handle the flying and the TrackIR view well.

Now I want to get deeper into that stuff, and may really learn to start the engine properly.

The Mercedes engine never needs to get started again in mid-air.

It keeps running even with throttle on "zero"; and if it stops, it's broken so badly,

that you can't restart it, or the petrol tank is completely dry.

Quite different on the BE2c - I was quite confused, when I tried to start the engine, and it wouldn't work,

until I realised I had to give it at least 1/3 of throttle.

This is actually getting more interesting, since I learnt to handle the flying and the TrackIR view well.

Now I want to get deeper into that stuff, and may really learn to start the engine properly.

:good: